And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had a picnic, in Belvedere Park with some of Joannes ex colleagues, one of whom now works in finance for the City of Belvedere, which isn't as relaxing as you might imagine, when questions on the state of the accounts from local residents include those from the ex Head of The World Bank.

Following that, we had a leisurely stroll 

Screenshot_20230428-172925.png 

Around Belvedere , where we took in views of. 

Angel Island.

PXL_20230428_220500111.jpg

The City (SF) shrouded in Fog.

PXL_20230428_220532065.jpg

Likewise,  The Golden Gate Bridge 

PXL_20230428_222410028.jpg

Fog rolling over the hills into Sausalito .PXL_20230428_221451982.jpg

And of course, Mt. Tam.

PXL_20230428_224436514.jpg

A very pleasant afternoon.

• Like 9

Did the “SF Stair Challenge,” a walk around San Francisco put on by a neighborhood advocacy group to promote making the City more walkable. This is a very cool route. I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to explore some of the hills of the northern part of the City.

https://abc7news.com/sf-stair-challenge-walk-san-francisco-what-to-do-best-walks/13181267/

IMG_0816.jpegScreenshot 2023-05-06 at 10.24.48 AM.jpeg

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 9

I'm not sure what's more shocking...

The fact that you saw Sarah Huckaby Sanders? 

That you were able to keep from tripping her to fall on her face (pretty sure she's done that numerous times)?

Or the fact that you were in a Target store?

9 minutes ago, swt61 said:

I'm not sure what's more shocking...

The fact that you saw Sarah Huckaby Sanders? 

That you were able to keep from tripping her to fall on her face (pretty sure she's done that numerous times)?

Or the fact that you were in a Target store?

She was with her kids.  

I was card shopping with my kids. 

I found a website, openstreetmap.org, that has most (but not all) of the stairs, lanes, paths, and public rights of way marked. A lot of them are not on google maps or Apple Maps. This is so cool!

A lot of these paths are barely marked and you could walk/drive right by them without knowing they were there. 

I've been plotting out interesting walks while I've been stuck on conference calls and double checking that the paths are actually there on google maps street view.

Some fun looking routes in southern marin that I hope to do.

Corte Madera Stair Tour:

Pasted Graphic copy.jpg

Sausalito Stair Tour:

Pasted Graphic 1 copy.jpg

Mill Valley Stair Tour:

Pasted Graphic copy.jpg

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Actually this was yesterday. One of the bosses is remodeling his bathroom as a surprise, while his wife is in Ireland with the kids. He hated his vanity, and just wanted some simple shelves, which I milled and glued up from rough cut Redwood. Not shown is the second shelf which sits on the concrete slab, and buts against the existing floor tile, which is staying.

20230510_120839.jpg

This will receive 3 coats of a Marine spar varnish.

Today's project is outdoor railing caps for three decks on a project that's just about done. 

20230511_140336.jpg

These will set atop 2" wide metal railings. The grooves I milled to 2 3/4" wide, to also accommodate LED light strips that will shine down on the deck.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 9

My table saw will not accept a set of dado blades, so these were milled one saw blade width at a time. I had about 80 linear feet of lumber to mill this way.

Then cleaned up with a chisel. I'll take photos after installing them tomorrow.