And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

On March 7, 2016 at 3:44 PM, aardvark baguette said:

lots of changes at work.  people leaving soon.
getting ready  to make a power play later this week.

essentially the argument is that i dont need a boss and my work is superior to everyone else's.

I've been waiting about 9 years for this opportunity.

2 hour talk after work today.  Not a completely linear discussion, but it went very, very well. I think he had actually been waiting for me to announce my intentions for more work. Nothing official yet but I don't see any other outcome other than this.  

With my degree being in graphic design, it makes sense for me to absorb all ads and design work.  I already do our publishing, so having 1 person do the ads, the publishing and web makes a lot of sense. Less cooks in the kitchen and no one to slow me down. My obsessive traits pay off here.  And nobody knows what I do for the web so I'm pretty much positive I've locked that down and will be making it a stand-alone department, previously being under marketing. (Marketing person is leaving)

this will be way more efficient if I call the shots for everything digital.

didnt talk titles or pay; I've never done that.  Work ethic always takes care of that, but I'd be amazed if base pay doesn't go up substantially. He's not an idiot.

tl;dr 

more bitcoins.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, skullguise said:

less people competing with you :P

<soap box mode> = on

I'm sorry to be anal (but not really) - it is fewer people (not less), since people are countable.  Less is used for uncountable nouns, like less bright.  So in the context of Jacob's test, his is competing with fewer people, because most are less bright than him.

Which is both an irritation to many, because I'm anal about grammar :blink:, and a complement to Jacob at the same time :D

<soap box mode> = off

That'll teach me not to read back in the thread :frantic:

Seriously though - good luck Jacob.  

These tests are a weird thing though.  And old friend (older than me) and work colleague Paul went for a job in AEI in the UK in the '60s when the Rorschach ink blot test was in vogue.  You had to say what the ink blots reminded you of, and there was a hokum idea that this gave some insight into your character (like handwriting analysis).  Paul  wrote down "Naked lady" for every single one.  And then they offered him the job - which he promptly turned down.

But hey - it's Friday night and way past wine o'clock :bottle:

Regarding this past weekend which I am still mentally reliving so I am technically cositent with the thread title.

The fencing venue was massive!  One of the keys to doing well in this type of competition is to not let the environment intimidate or distract you.  Easy enough said...

photo 539_zpsb4jirv06.jpg

Trying to do a panoramic shot with this second one

photo 540_zpsobpq1e6l.jpg

and section three

photo 542_zpsplehnovm.jpg

and that is what a North American Cup looks like bitches!.

Edited by Augsburger
St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow
  • Like 2

I would have just stayed up and done something if it weren't for the fact that we are flying into JFK and then driving to Montreal which is a 6 hour drive. I'll most likely sleep on the plane but this is annoying. Spring started as well so all the undergrads on my community are out ruining their livers and vocal cords. 

Thanks to Grahame I new what apps to use to get my itunes music to work on android, even found an app to sync directly from itunes. Playing music flawlessly now. 

One thing I did notice about the shatterproof screen... several of the display phones had scratches or dents on the screen. So I got them to toss in one of the glass screen protectors.

• Like 5