And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It's under a salad spinner -- was probably about three inches long. I almost stepped on the bugger while stumbling to the kitchen for my morning coffee. Woke me up fast anyway.

Later, went for a kayak on San Rafael Bay with the kids. As we were coming back into the creek, we passed a scraggly and -- as far as I could see -- naked dude furiously paddling a kids' inflatable boat backwards against the current. As one does.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

It's under a salad spinner -- was probably about three inches long. I almost stepped on the bugger while stumbling to the kitchen for my morning coffee. Woke me up fast anyway.

Later, went for a kayak on San Rafael Bay with the kids. As we were coming back into the creek, we passed a scraggly and -- as far as I could see -- naked dude furiously paddling a kids' inflatable boat backwards against the current. As one does.

It was just welcoming you to the neighborhood (this could be describing the scorpion, the naked guy, or both). 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

Later, went for a kayak on San Rafael Bay with the kids. 

Don't for heavens sake try to have a barbecue in that, because you can't have your kayak and heat it. 

Which reminds me of the chess convention. After a few drinks in the hotel bar, they were sat in the lobby having a loud discussion about the matches that they had won that day. Eventually the manager came and threw them out on the basis that he did not want chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Started registering for this season's fencing competitions starting with Escondido, Anaheim, Denver, Arizona,La Jolla,  Kansas, then Memphis then Denver again as well as various real local California tournaments.  Next week we book airfare and hotels. Our calendar is basically booked from September 15th through July 2018.  Lamborghini purchase has been put on hold for another year.

If our new coach returns from Italy in September to stay for good it will be a very good fencing season.  If he takes the offer to be China's olympic coach, we are most likely hosed.  I wish him the best, no matter where he goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We would certainly not be the first to make that offer but quite frankly other than the manufacturer we are currently buying our foil blades from in Italy, most of the fencing equipment companies love it when their gear breaks and you have to buy new stuff.

Edited by Augsburger