And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

On 7/24/2019 at 8:46 AM, Augsburger said:

Craig, we will be in Garda Lake next week. Will reco restaurants if you wish. Any interest in Franciacorta recos?

Definitely to both - thanks! Have a great time out there.

How hot is it where you are? It is bat shit crazy hot in the UK - 38C today (100F), and since it is usually cold and wet here we don't have aircon. So everyone is hot and cranky.

At Cabo San Lucas. Picture is of lands end, the name is literal. That is where the Baja peninsula ends and the sea of Cortez meets the pacific ocean. 

20190726_153202.jpg

Getting away from those areas is a must though. The other best thing besides the ocean. El pastor. 

20190723_224449.jpg

• Like 11

Occasionally National Theatre tickets sell out for a production before we get the chance to buy tickets. So we do exactly the same and go to a movie theatre and watch a live production. I did not know that they also did that in the US.

Last thing we saw at the National was last year - a superb production of MacBeth with Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff. Next London production we're going to see is on Saturday - a new David Mamut play called Bitter Wheat, with John Malkovich. The reviews have panned it, which means it is probably very good!

We're very lucky where we live - we are within 90 minutes drive of Stratford on Avon (RSC), Chichester and 45 minutes by train to London. Spoiled for choice.

• Like 1

As we were leaving the Duomo a tour group passed us by and I noticed one of the group's name tag- Indigo Montoya. I was laughing my ass off for the next two hours.

I guess you have to be into fencing to fully appreciate the humor

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Celebrating Karen's birthday with an extended weekend celebration....

Last night we saw Livingston Taylor at a nice theater that is about a mile away from our Maine condo!  Nice time, though I tried to get a note to him through the staff to wish her a happy bday and he didn't....   BTW, the Cowboy Junkies are coming there in October, will try and see them.

Today, we're both working remotely, but we'll do a nice dinner at a restaurant by the water tonight.  Then son comes up tomorrow and we'll do a couple more things.

Then home Sunday; Karen is going to a play with a friend, then her mom is taking us out Sunday night to celebrate....

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Augsburger said:

As we were leaving the Duomo a tour group passed us by and I noticed one of the group's name tag- Indigo Montoya. I was laughing my ass off for the next two hours.

I guess you have to be into fencing to fully appreciate the humor

Or a Princess Bride fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bitter Wheat starring John Malkovich was awesome. It was basically a parody of Harvey Weinstein. The name of Malkovich's character was Barney Stein, a fat movie mogul who comes to grief amid a sexual abuse scandal. If you get a chance to see Malkovich on stage, jump at it. He is a truly great stage actor.

Image result for Bitter Wheat

How on earth David Mammut got away with a script that even had a similar name in it is amazing.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Where did you buy the long-obsolete dual FET's? Or did you have a hoard of them :lol:

I had the 389's and got the 109's from a guy on diyaudio that had a good rep.  I measured the resistance between pins 1 and 3 then 5 and 7 and they both came out at like 50 Ohms.  Then I checked them with a transistor tester and they both showed up as jfet.  As far as I can tell they're real. 

• Like 1