Insane amp?

Guest sacd lover

Well, since we're sharing... want to see some pics of my amp that is still not working? I'm going to be dismantling it soon after trying a couple other tweaks on it and preparing for the bamaslama build.

moneyshot.JPG

right2.JPG

filament.JPG

p-frontangle.JPG

p-rearangle.JPG

p-inside.JPG

As you can see, my caps are of the same type as aerius', though possibly a different brand. :)

Late to the party, but I would like to respond to statement about the 6C33C-B eating tube sockets. That depends on hard you are slamming the tubes, and how the socket is mounted. In the case of the Zana Deux the 6C33C-B is operated at only 8 watts of plate, and the production amp will have the socket mounted to an aluminum top plate. The original Xana was built this way and have been in constant service for over 8 years without any socket failure. The key to the Zana Deux uis the low source out, 12 ohms, and ability to couple all those power supply joules directly to the load. Also less is best, why put your signal through so much stuff when two tubes will do the job.

Guest sacd lover

6C33B SOCKETS

Parts Connection has the sockets in either silver plate or gold plate. SILVER SOCKET- 59026 $3.95; GOLD SOCKET- 59027 $5.95.

Thanks Mikey .... hey send me your phone # I wanted to call you. As usual, I dont know where I put the #..... might be on my old computer. ;)