New Forum Software

tkam

I'm not seeing a place to upload avatars. I can see the edit page for them, but the only two options are:

Enter a URL to an online avatar image

-or- enter your Gravatar e-mail address

I usually roll my own here. Is there an option for uploading pics like there is for the profile photo?

Thanks. I know it's been a lot of hard work.

There is definitely something wierd about watching topics. Nothing I can do gets the SRM-T2 thread on my

"My Content" list, in spite of the topic having a watched status. And nothing I can do gets rid of topics I no longer wish to watch - their status is unwatched, but they still appear.

Is it just me being dumb?

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

jinp6301, on 16 January 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Is there a way to quote using fast reply?

Unfortunately no.

Unfortunately no.

I just hit the "Reply" icon in the post itself and the lite editor came up with the post quoted. I don't know if that's what you are looking for, but it's pretty cool.

I wish the timestamp were a bit more prominent.

Edit. Prominent isn't exactly what I mean. For some reason I find the timestamp weird both in placement and the lighter font. Am I weird for thinking it's weird? :unsure:

I like the more muted color scheme. It took me a minute to look for the timestamp in its new spot.

No weirder than any of us.....

Today it's working really fast, not sure faster than before, but for sure than yesterday. Getting used to it, kinda like it.

Oh, looks like the editing windows is way longer than it was on the previous software. This edit is almost 30 minutes later than the main message. Anyway, I miss posty blog posts ;D

Edited by Torpedo

Slowed a little this am, but back to blazing now.

WAAAAAAYYYY better than Huddler as far as the use interface. I find it surprisingly similar to the general VB environment.

I reckon a little confusion just comes from something new ....

...'course I'm confused a lot, so don't mind me.

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

Very fast, feels stable, good step. I do have a few questions, though, and while I don't expect answers I think my 3000 or so posts here speak to the notion that I'm willing to say things without too much merit.

1) Watching topics is strange for me. My subscriptions seem to have imported, but the "watched content" sidebar defaults to "forums", which is annoying, and seems to display my topics in completely random order. The first hit on the list is from 2009, then a few from 2010, then one 2011, then more 2009. Not alphabetical or chronological, and I haven't found a setting I can customize to allow me to browse the most recently updated subscribed topics first.

2) My custom title is now too long, and has clipped. "If a chicken is a cow, and why wouldn't it be, then chicken" is a curious causal relationship, at best. Is anyone capable of bestowing upon me a shorter but equally demeaning custom title?

Edited by Sherwood

Slowed a little this am, but back to blazing now.

WAAAAAAYYYY better than Huddler as far as the use interface. I find it surprisingly similar to the general VB environment.

I reckon a little confusion just comes from something new ....

...'course I'm confused a lot, so don't mind me.

It's really not that difficult to make a better interface than Huddler, so that isn't saying much. :)

Very fast, feels stable.

1) Watching topics is strange for me. My subscriptions seem to have imported, but the "watched content" sidebar defaults to "forums", which is annoying, and seems to display my topics in completely random order. The first hit on the list is from 2009, then a few from 2010, then one 2011, then more 2009. Not alphabetical or chronological, and I haven't found a setting I can customize to allow me to browse the most recently updated subscribed topics first.

Same thing here. Super fast, but watched content is completely random, can't find a way to change this.