New Forum Software

tkam

Is there any way to maintain the previous "New Post" functionality? Before it would post the most recent unread, going back 100 or so posts. Now it will only post since my last visit, which makes keeping up with things more difficult. If I don't get a chance to read everything, I won't see unread items from a previous visit.

Agree. The new post thing is really the only thing I'm not liking so far. And it could just be a learning curve thing, but I have not yet been able to replicate the updated thread listings so that they mimic what we had under vbulletin. Anyone set it up successfully yet?

Is there any way to maintain the previous "New Post" functionality? Before it would post the most recent unread, going back 100 or so posts. Now it will only post since my last visit, which makes keeping up with things more difficult. If I don't get a chance to read everything, I won't see unread items from a previous visit.

You can change your settings to do this.

@Todd - Maybe you can make this the default instead of new items since the last visit?

I tried changing it to unread content in my settings, yet still says no new content when I click view new content when I had not read anything posted since yesterday. <br><br>EDIT: Tapatalk also list no unread content for me.<br><br>Also leaves nasty littly &lt;br&gt; thingies if I enable rich text functionality.<br>

Edited by manaox2

Thanks for the hard work on changing the software. I don't like all the space the new "tasks" column on the right takes, reminds me of the ads at HF, and that the forums list is much larger so I need to scroll down way more to reach the lower forums. I don't see any of the forum tools icons. I mean the "user is online/offline", "PM user" "add reply" "start new topic", etc. None of them displays properly, nor any of the tools in this fast reply window. This software is much slower loading than VB in this computer, but looks like I'm the only one. Strange.

I like that now the PM keep a threaded look, so you can re-read previous messages when replying.