Vintage ADS and tubes

Trav

Any of you guys tried any of the old ADS with a SET amp? I decided to set up a listening room in my library this weekend. I'm planning my first full range driver DIY this spring but wanted something reasonable but dynamic in the meantime. I went to this local pawnshop known to have some vintage gear and stumbled across a pair of 10/10 ADS L570's. Picked em up for $150 and brought em home. Initially I was very skeptical as not knowing the sensitivity of this model, and knowing they aren't Rogers LS5A's. Thus far I am very pleasantly pleased. IMO unsurpassed bass extension and impact in a "bookshelf" speaker. Speed is quite nice. Transients IMO are spot on. I've ran pretty much every genre of music through them and am yet to be unimpressed. Any of you guys have any experience with this model and tubes? Thanks

The older ADS (Braun) speakers are quite nice. I really like the tweeter and dome mids as well, as they have a great quality IMO. Even the larger ADS are still a great bargain, and IMO a nice looking speaker too. Have only heard them on SS gear however.