Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Knuckledragger

Some guy on Reddit is in a Korean hotel and is getting speeds like this:

1177801967.png

Pretty astounding to most Americans (and sufficient to make Canadian users cry in their Molson). Of course, a few institutional users came out of the woodwork and began posting speeds with several hundred megabits in each direction. Being a cable subscriber, I am supposedly getting 12Mbit down and 1Mbit up. Of course, the reality is quite a bit different:

1178126920.png

So, Head-Case what kinda speeds do YOU get? You can click on the image above to test your own connection.

Canada's third world internet:

1178430022.png

I pay 32$/month for a 300GB cap and it's pretty much the best you can get here for the price. Otherwise, you can pay more for better speed, but you get low caps, unless you pay like 75$/month. :palm:

Edited by GPH

Canada's third world internet:

1178430022.png

I pay 32$/month for a 300GB cap and it's pretty much the best you can get here for the price. Otherwise, you can pay more for better speed, but you get low caps, unless you pay like 75$/month. :palm:

mine:

1178625934.png

$46.99/month before tax and 60GB cap only.

Edited by Cankin

mine:

1178625934.png

$46.99/month before tax and 60GB cap only.

You should definitely consider teksavvy cable. For about the same price you can get 5 times the cap. Also, since they are on the same lines as rogers (for cable anyways) you don't have to worry about degrading performance.

Edited by ujamerstand