Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Knuckledragger

Holy jebus, Nate. I never got that kind of download speed when I had Comcrap.

It's kind of BS, I don't get sustained speeds that high. I think Comcast has tweaked their bandwidth to show grossly over-rated speeds when checked by utilities like speedtest. I think in the really real world I get about half that, after a forced upgrade when I renewed my service this year.

AT&T will cap DSL and U-Verse internet, impose overage fees

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/13/atandt-will-cap-dsl-u-verse-internet-and-impose-overage-fees/

Ladies and gentlemen, the days of unlimited broadband may be numbered in the United States, and we're not talking wireless this time -- AT&T says it will implement a 150GB monthly cap on landline DSL customers and a 250GB cap on subscribers to U-Verse high speed internet starting on May 2nd. AT&T will also charge overage fees of $10 for every additional 50GB of data, with two grace periods to start out -- in other words, the third month you go over the cap is when you'll get charged. DSLReports says it has confirmation from AT&T that these rates are legitimate, and that letters will go out to customers starting March 18th.

From work:

1205034596.png

Previous expletive x2. You two both realize you're in the top 1 percentile of your respective countries, don't you? I wish I could live where you work. No I don't, I just wish I had those connection speeds at home.

When I let speedtest.net pick the server, it picks something in Florida for some reason:

1205065448.png

When I pick the one in DC:

1205068232.png

Yes, we have a weird, fucked up configuration -- Menlo Park (CA) insists on managing our ISP, but I don't get the Florida angle.