Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Knuckledragger

• 2 weeks later...

We upgraded to Comcast Blast which doubled our speed, but also got a package deal with more features than we have now for $50 a month less.  

Our monthly goes up by $20 in a year, and back up another $30 to normal cost in 2 years. But we'll save $900 over the next two years when the monthly cost goes back to what we were paying last month.  And there is still no contract.

3758545562.png

Well, current router is draft N and has been acting a bit flaky, and new one is (or will be) AC1750.  Which I clearly need, even though the only things which will be on wifi are my tablet, phone, work laptops when not docked, and maybe HTPC if I don't feel like routing a cable 15'.  Convenient that the apartment is prewired to have two cat5e ports in each bedroom, two in the living room, and one in the kitchen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3857805257.png

This is on 802.11n 5ghz wifi off an Asus TM-AC1900. There are 4 laptops goings + things streaming on 2 TVs. I really need to get a 3x3 USB3.0 dongle. Do those exist yet?

FWIW, if you have T-Mobile service, you can get this router (basically an RT-AC68U with some software tweaks) for a 25$ deposit if you walk into the store, or they'll do it over the phone and ship it next day (I believe). It's beastly, and I love it. My old WNDR3700 topped out at around 70-80Mbps on this machine. I really need to hardwire something; I have to beat Colin at this game.

I was able to get this on my phone a couple days ago.
Screenshot_2014-10-21-22-47-09.png

Also, you should all get gigabit fiber.

**BRENT**