Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Knuckledragger

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well the new 100/100 fiber at home seems to be working..

Q7ZPuWd.png

Me too! Oddly, it is $7/month cheaper than the previous 20/2 we had. Apparently, I was the first on our block to hook up to fiber. And two houses south of us, it's not available.

05fcdcef68bcedefcfd4c9e9355debe5.jpg
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

We were with ATT Uverse for many a year.  Started having intermittent internet issues.  They sent a few technicians and one of the rocket scientists changed out our cable boxes to wireless...while we were having WiFi issues.  Long story short, XFinity / Comcast installed today.  Less money (I think) and a lot better tech.  Cable boxes back on coaxial...huge win so far and have voice activated remotes that seem pretty nifty.  Biggest benefit is far increased WiFi speeds.

Highly range dependent...no surprise.  I have not read through all the thread so forgive me if I'm asking a question that has been answered.  Any practical way to use a range extender or the like to beef up the WiFi signal in the back yard which is not far from our office....but brick veneer house?

Thanks in advance.

HS

55 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I think people will say, "Apple Airport Express", but I have no experience myself.

Thanks, DC.  

I have a Time Capsule I use for backup of the wife's Mac and my Mac Air.  I do have a separate WiFi signal from it.  Been a mixed bag as it gets wonky at times.  

HS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
53 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Went from AT&T DSL to Sonic fiber in SF. The 5G wifi from Sonic was about 90-100mbps. This is the ethernet connection speed. Seems better. 

52E4A24E-4701-4C8A-8D34-61B807EB7300.jpeg

That upload speed is amazing. I’ve had gigabit cable for a while but it only does 50mbps. 

My current gigabit only does 350 because Comcast sucks. Or my cable modem sucks. First world problems. 

8 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Impressive!

I think Colin discovered previously that how you interact with the  "fat pipe" can be a limiting factor.

(I think Ubiquiti hardware was involved )

He had Ubiquiti issues? I know it’s not my issues since it’s still slow directly hooked to the modem,  but I do have a full Ubiguiti system. No issues with LAN transfers. 

8 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Impressive!

I think Colin discovered previously that how you interact with the  "fat pipe" can be a limiting factor.

(I think Ubiquiti hardware was involved )

He had Ubiquiti issues? I know it’s not my issues since it’s still slow directly hooked to the modem,  but I do have a full Ubiguiti system. No issues with LAN transfers.