Happy Birthday Voltron

agile_one

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for your messages everyone. Your instant response yesterday did me a lot of good and all that positive energy even buoyed my Mom up a bit. She had a good day yesterday and Claire and I and the kids visited her in the hospital last night along with my oldest brother and sister, a nephew and my beleaguered but dauntless 88 year old Dad. They sang happy birthday to me as they have every year of my life. Although we were supposed to be bringing dinner for the crew, my brother had a birthday cake from the supermarket to make it complete.

Keep thinking good thoughts because my Mom is having a really bad day again today. I will be heading back after I get done with jury duty tonight. You don't have to keep posting because I know you're behind us, but I wanted to thank you all and give a quick update.

Al

All these good wishes are paying big dividends. I just visited my Miracle Mom this morning, and the improvement is truly remarkable. She is clear headed and conversant and was quite capable of independently standing up and even claimed she has gone to the bathroom herself. We chided her for that one, but seriously I cannot believe the difference from my last visit when she could not talk clearly or even stand up on her own. She really didn't know where she was until yesterday, and now wants to head home immediately, but at a minimum she will have to spend some interim time at a nursing home for rehab and more care than we can guaranty at home.

Best of all, I asked my Mom if she wanted to go to see the World Champion San Francisco Giants on Opening Day two weeks from today and she said “Sure I do!” I guess we have a new goal to achieve!