March Madness 2011

trevorlane

Anybody keeping up with the games? I didn't fill out a bracket this year. I'm loving every Butler game thus far, although it's sad to see BYU getting knocked out by Florida. Watching UConn advance to the elite eight is great news for new england schools considering the lack thereof in the tournament overall.

Jimmer or Kemba, who's the better PG?

My bracket is shot. And Kemba vs Jimmer is a tough question. Yesterday on ESPN, Vitale said it's like choosing between Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry. lol But if I had to pick one it might bet Jimmer... his game as a catch and shoot guy might translate to the NBA a little better if they take the ball out of his hands. That's just for the sake of giving an answer though.

Edited by penger

How did I know you were going to say that?

:D

I can't believe how badly Duke got beat. I was watching the other Wisconsin/Butler game since the winner plays Florida tomorrow. Florida gave me a good scare at the end of regulation. They just beat up Fredette by the end but that guy can shoot the ball.

@jvlgato: Derrick Williams is the Pac-10 player of the year, he's a great forward and he's potentially the 6th pick this year in the draft. He's consistently awesome ;)

@tyrion: I can't wait to see this. Florida destroyed my gf's sister's school (UCSB) in the second round. I'm thinking robocoach Stevens would have to come up with some inventive chances for Matt Howard for 3s. If Smith is healthy and Howard keeps making 3 attempts, it'll force Florida's interior to spread out, and Stevens will take advantage of that by having one of his bigger Fs backing Smith up. I think Mack will be doing his usual runaround to try and confuse defenders.

Looking forward to tonight's matchups. I'm hoping Kentucky over OSU, although I don't think that's going to happen. Richmond is not going to win, they're in my conference, 'nuff said. I'm going with VCU and Marquette.

As an Arizona alumni, I'm deliriously happy! :D

Amazing 2nd half against Duke. Seems like they grabbed every rebound and every loose ball.

As a Kansas alum, I won't celebrate until we win the national championship. Although it would be quite nice to make it to the Final 4 even if we don't win the whole thing.

Damn, Arizona just demolished Duke. Have you been watching all year - is Derrick Williams that consistently awesome, or was that a fluke?

I haven't been watching that much. However, Derrick Williams is the real thing. What made this game awesome was how the rest of the team awakened and really produced in the second half.

@jvlgato: Derrick Williams is the Pac-10 player of the year, he's a great forward and he's potentially the 6th pick this year in the draft. He's consistently awesome ;)

I read someplace this morning that he's a potential #1 pick. Yesterday's game will help him move up.

So my Cavaliers are currently playing for the most ping pong balls. And doing a pretty good job of it! Both Williams and Kyrie Irving are of great interest to us!

I hope Cavs draft a great forward, and not a LeFraud forward either. The owner's gotta have something up his sleeve, like he's going to one up all the other Big 3s that formed this season.

I am currently in first place in a bracket with 40 people @ $20 a pop.

I already have won $80 for being on top after the 1st weekend and stand to win a total of $560.

Florida State has been $$$ for me and would have iced it if they could have pulled out a win against VCU in overtime last night.

I am sitting pretty good. There are 2 players that can overtake me if UCONN AND Florida win.

Either one loses and it's over and I win it all.

Go Arizona!

Next year we should do an HC bracket.

Edited by MoonShine

MoonShine,

I'm with you on that, I'd like a HC bracket as well. I'm planning on watching the Butler-Florida game on my iPhone during my gf's birthday dinner (should be interesting). She knows I'm really into Butler after last year, and said she's ok with it. I just hope it doesn't come down to the wire again, I can't stand to have another nailbiter while I'm stuck riding on the T.

Wow! Hats off to VCU for an incredibly well played game. They totally took Kansas out of their game plan in the first half, and then withstood the comeback pressure in the second half. I've never seen Kansas shoot the ball so poorly from the 3 point line (2-22) and the free throw line (15-28).

Hats off to Butler as well. Really an incredible story there. Florida had a fantastic season and played a tough game as well, so nothing to be ashamed of there.