kevin gilmore

digital attenuator

I wouldn't mind doing a run for all the boards needed for a complete system with volume control and source selection.  I know Kerry was working on or has code for the volume control

On 3/20/2017 at 7:23 AM, Kerry said:

I've got my controller boards working pretty well now with the digital attenuators.  I like the larger one because it has a really nice feel as you turn the volume knob (...yes I see it :P).

I went and added a USB input to the board itself, though this is really overkill - which is why I did it.

IMG_0315.thumb.JPG.0d463cef57a0e76e4e32c49ab3835d8b.JPG

Here I'm updated with the TX / RX LEDs blinking away.

IMG_0313.thumb.JPG.f843a2dd0446734d726b1df0d22eb590.JPGIMG_0314.thumb.JPG.49108924af68518ce41335f0f66addb4.JPG

EDIT: I've got to do one more round of cleaning...

Hey Kerry - Just wondering, what motorised encoder/pot are you using? I tried googling the # on the sticker, but didn't turn up anything >< Putting my BOM for the boards together now :)

Thanks mate.

edit: I’m going with this one in case anyone else is interested, https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/688-RK16812MG099

Edited by Aive
Update

The pot model is called an Alps RK16812.

Edited by UFN

You guys see any issue powering the attenuator with switchers? Was thinking the meanwell stuff used in the smd ss dynalo, irm series

That should be ok. Just keep that power including the ground isolated. 

• Like 1