The NHL 2011 playoffs thread

GPH

Well, Wings up by two in the first on pps. Coyotes losing their cool.

On a bad note, NBC showed a clip of Zetterberg at practice doing a hard stop at the net. It wasn't pretty, and off the ice he went right after, looking in pain. I can't see him coming back for awhile, if at all.

EDI: just as posted, they scored again. 3-0 in the first. Datsyuk is just beautiful to watch, scoring or setting one up.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr, Bruins sucking it up big time! They're becoming the chole artists the Red Sox USED to be. Habs playing very well, and Price had some very nice saves last night, especially the point blank one against Lucic where he made a superb lateral move. He hasn't been super-challenged, but a lot of that is because he is being positionally sound right now. And the defense is doing a good job keeping the rebounds cleared and the shots as much perimeter as they can.

Bruins have never come back from 0-2 down, and I don't expect them to do so now. I'd like to see them put Seguin in to get some experience and maybe add some speed. If B's lose game 3, then put him in game 4....if not game 3 as well.

Didn't get to see any other games, but did see some of the highlights of Detroit; Vicki, you are correct, Datsyuk is amazing to watch.....

Edited by skullguise

Wings get the sweep, which means a lot more time for injuries to heal up, and some good rest the other teams won't have. Love it. Hoping all other series go to 7. :D

Except Tampa Bay...I'd love to see the Pens close those softies out on Saturday. :)

I'm also silently rooting for the Hawks to come back from 3-1 -I loved the energy and killer instinct they showed in game 4. Quite frankly, I thought Luongo was hurt a little bit early in that game as he never seemed the same after they showed him wincing and stretching after that awkward save.

Pretty epic come backs this week by SJ and Washington! I'm looking forward to tonight's Habs game, the winner will take the series IMO. I expect Price to step up after the mistake he made on last game's 3rd goal, and hopefully Thomas will continue distributing gifts. ;)

Pretty epic come backs this week by SJ and Washington! I'm looking forward to tonight's Habs game, the winner will take the series IMO. I expect Price to step up after the mistake he made on last game's 3rd goal, and hopefully Thomas will continue distributing gifts. ;)

Holy Shite what a game that was for the Bruins! I actually feel bad for Price, he was let down by the team in front of him, and really didn't play too badly IMO. The Habs should have taken this game and a commanding lead on the series, but instead they choked like the Bruins have too many times.

The series is going to be very interesting now for sure! I hope the Bruins can hold at home.

Have to say, too, some chippiness, some sleazy after-the-whistle stuff on both sides; but overall a good series to watch.

I hope you're right in saying the winner here takes the series....but the Habs are better than they played tonight, and the Bruins still have yet to truly prove themselves. I'm cautiously optimistic......

Last night defeat was painful. We had a million more chances to score than Boston, but we didn't and our defense was atrocious. Ryder scoring in OT is the worst... this guy plays around 5 games in the year, but he's there when it counts the most, it was the same when he was in Montreal.

Capitals vs Rangers - Washington in 6

Flyers vs Sabres - Philadelphia in 5

Bruins vs Habs - Boston in 7

Penguins vs Lightning - Tampa Bay in 7

Canucks vs Hakws - Vancouver in 5

Sharks vs Kings - San Jose in 6

Wings vs Coyotes - Detroit in 5 (if Zetterberg comes back, in 4)

Ducks vs Predators - Ducks in 7

Not bad. Looking forward to Round 2, but the Wings haven't exactly had a good record with the Sharks, either in last year's playoffs or in this regular season. Hopefully, the rest did them some good and the Sharks are feeling worn.

Capitals vs. Tampa Bay - Caps in 6

Boston vs. Flyers - Bruins in 7 (Flyers have goalie and Pronger problems)

Wings vs. Sharks - Wings in 5 (probably 6, but I think they've got something to prove, and they do well in that mode)

Canucks vs. Predators - Canucks in 5

Here's mine:

Capitals vs Rangers - Washington in 5

Flyers vs Sabres - Sabres in 6

Bruins vs Habs - Bruins in 5

Penguins vs Lightning - TB in 6

Canucks vs Hawks - Vancouver in 6

Sharks vs Kings - Kings in 7

Wings vs Coyotes - Detroit in 7

Ducks vs Predators -Ducks in 7

Any rags fan want to repeat my bet from last year with GPH?

I didn't do as well as boo.

Caps vs Bolts - Caps in 6

Flyers vs Bruins - Flyers in 6

Nucks vs Preds - Nucks in 7

Wings vs Fish - Wings in 6

Wow re Flyers and Bruins game. What a mess. Between the refs calling penalties that didn't exist, not calling ones that would have been obvious to the nearly blind, and the Flyers crumbling, it was painful to watch.

Hmm, I didn't think so..... :P But yeah, ref work in both Bruins series has been pretty questionable. What I REALLY don't like is the extra bit of after-the-play work that they are doing on David Krejci. A clear blindside-from-behind hit not called, and then there was a replay of another one where he was cross-checked, held, then punched all after he got rid of the puck. Then, two missed high sticks, one hiting Lucic, one Briere.....

I just hope the Bruins can keep this up. Laviolette is a great coach, he'll have the Flyers playing better......

Edited by skullguise