The NHL 2011 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation Boston Fans. You guys deserved the cup.

Just another disappointing year for the Canucks, but we are used to that here. There is always next year...

And what happened on the streets after the game does not represent the people of Vancouver.

Why not?

Someone posted in a hockey forum that there were 200-300 folks doing the worst things at the riots, and some weren't even from Vancouver. That doesn't represent all fans for sure.....

I've heard many stories, from many people, in many venues, about abusive fans. There are always a-holes. There was a ton of booing by Vancouver at the end, but most of that was for Bettman ( :D ) or Marchand (expected). They gave nice cheers to Thomas and Lucic, which was real nice.

I was in tears last night; I had memories of my dad letting me stay up and watch some of the games in 1972 (I was 7) when the Bruins won the cup then. I was pleased and honored to let my son stay up with me for this one.....

Thank you Bruins, it was an incredible ride!

It's good to know the post-game riots are not exclusive to Montreal. Well, maybe the ones after a first-round win are. :palm:

I have to say I enjoyed the Bettman booing very much.

its not that surprising, vancouver wants to be montreal west.

I think they're already there. Honestly, the last Habs player that mastered diving and faking as well as the Sedins was Mike Ribeiro.

If you look back on their regular season and previous 3 series against Chicago, Nashville and San Jose, you don't really see any of the embellishment. When you play against a team like Boston, you have to do a little more to show the illegal slashes, crosschecks and spears to the Zebras who are not really making any calls. And sometimes when you get cross checked and slashed at over 30 times a game with no calls, it gets pretty frustrating.

They do occasionally embellish like most other star players and it is an embarrassment to the sport but to call the Sedins master divers is grossly incorrect.

That just means conflicting things are true at the same time, which is often true about groups of people

I guess I should reword my original post. What happened last night only represent a small minority of Vancouverites. Its embarrassing to see it happen when many are watching but those people are not real Canucks fans nor real Vancouverites. The clean up that happened in downtown vancouver where many vancouverites attended despite having work and school are the real Vancouverites. They are a more accurate representation of the city as a whole.