EnTICEing Headphone Stand

Voltron

After meeting Steve post MOA, my lovely wife got the idea to commission a headphone stand for me as a birthday gift. It also may have been from the various occasions I have said how cool it was that guzziguy's wife had done the same, but who knows. :angel:

Here is how Steve described the stand: "The woods are Jobillo for the turned stalk piece, and East India Rosewood for the base and hanger. The Jobillo is usually more colorful than that piece, and the East India Rosewood is generally more of one tone (chocolate). The stalk was supposed to be the impact piece, with distinct tones of Brown, Caramel, Red and Purple, however once I started turning it I was disapointed to see that it was somewhat mono toned. Although I like the grain patterns. Then when I started turning the base piece of East India Rosewood, I was shocked to see all of the colors! It is always even toned, and I've used it a lot! So that is a very rare piece, and the sunburst pattern is incredible! At that moment I was so happy that the Jobillo was subtle, or the two would have fought each other. I call them happy mistakes, when these things happen."

Anyway, it arrived a little while after my birthday, and things have been too hectic to take pics. I don't think I was able to catch its true spirit in daylight on the porch at Mayberry, but here are some pics to give you a taste of the TICEness. I think you will agree that only Steve could be disappointed by the hefty and beautiful stalk of my happy mistake! B)

web.jpg?ver=13025654160001

web.jpg?ver=13025654030001

web.jpg?ver=13025654070001

web.jpg?ver=13025653970001

web.jpg?ver=13025653800001

Not being satisfied with his work for hire masterpiece, Steve also sent along a gift for my family for putting him up and spending the evening together. It wasn't rough duty to begin with, and he could have stayed at a much nicer spot for the value of the gorgeous figured Cherry and Canary wood box he created "from left overs." It's beautiful but even harder to photograph with a setting sun and lousy skilz.

web.jpg?ver=13025677510001

web.jpg?ver=13025677450001

web.jpg?ver=13025677420001

web.jpg?ver=13025677480001

web.jpg?ver=13025677400001

Stunning stuff, no? Thanks Claire and thanks Steve!

Looks great, nice work Steve!

Very nice! It'll look even better with an SR-009 on it. B)

What are the stand dimensions in TICEs?

Agreed, needs an SR-009, and for the latter, better ask MPI, I believe that is his area of study.

Edited by cetoole