2011 NBA playoffs

Wmcmanus

Anything interesting here, or same old, same old?

Fun to see the Bulls doing so well and the emergence of Derrick Rose as a prime time player. My brother and his boys were at the game today in Chicago to witness a 16-1 run by the Bulls in the last 2 and a half minutes of the game to pull it off.

Not counting on much though. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers and Celtics in the finals, as usual.

I personally put him ahead of pippen even now. Pippen did not do well in the leadership role when Jordan first retired, whereas rose has really blossomed in the leadership role. While MJ is pretty much rarefied company, I do feel rose has the same tenacity, competitive drive, will to win, and the ability to make others better around you. Unfortunately like MJ in the early years, rose is so gifted the rest of the team seems to simply watch him do his thing rather than get involved.

Agreed on all accounts Ryan. Watching Rose make that three point play followed by the teardrop to tie with less than a minute was very Michael-esque to me. I haven't seen many other guys will himself to control the game like that.

Agreed on all accounts Ryan. Watching Rose make that three point play followed by the teardrop to tie with less than a minute was very Michael-esque to me. I haven't seen many other guys will himself to control the game like that.

Yup. Closest thing to Jordan since...Jordan is Kobe IMO. Same killer instinct, will do anything to win. Go bulls!

Don't get me wrong, Rose very well could be league MVP this year, and deservedly so. Want to see what he does for a couple more years before I'll concede on Rose > Pippen. Scottie was one of the best to ever play the game, although overshadowed by MJ. I'm still happy that Kansas beat Rose and company in the 2008 national championship game.

As for other Bulls greats, Rose is laughably > Bob "Butterbean" Love, Chet Walker, Norn Van Lier, Reggie Theus, and anyone else ever to earn a little respect around town.

Gasol had a terrible game today. I doubt this series will be as close as last year's series against the Thunder though. Also, I can't believe the Grizzlies pulled out the win without Rudy Gay. I never thought Zach Randolph would be a playoff game leader, but I figured there would be lots of surprises this time around.

I'm rooting for the Bulls. I know the C's don't have what it takes this year, but I want the best team to be up against the Lakers, presumably, and I don't think it'll be the Heat. Derrick Rose is this year's MVP, and watching him progress from his days in Memphis has been a fun ride, especially without all the LBJ-esque hoopla that surrounded the former MVP.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if this went 2-0 going into Miami, and then Miami taking the next two to tie it up. The bulls bench really feeds off the home crowd and I don't see them doing as well as the did game 1 in Miami. I think also Miami has woken up from their slumber and will show a much better effort game 2.

Ryan, you may be right. But I also saw some GREAT defense. If they keep up that effort, especially with their interior defense, and with Miami's lack of a bench, and lack of interior offense, they could really force Miami to play from the outside. Then Miami only wins if they get hot from the outside. Miami will win some games, but I'd have to think the team that owns the paint wins the series, and hopefully that is Chicago.

Being a Cavs fan, I've seen Lebron just dial it up and own everyone on the court. But I've also seen him unable to adjust to a good defense and resort to pounding the ball on the perimeter, then take bad, forced shots, and wilt under the pressure. It'll be interesting to see which way he goes, now that he has 'good' teammates picked personally by him.

Salty, nice to have fans from everywhere. I have to say, the Bulls have the kind of team that's easy to like. All good guys (maybe not Boozer) who give effort.

Edited by jvlgato

The good LeBron showed.Bummer.

Yup. I give it to him, he took over once it was tied 73-73.

If the heat play defense like that, bulls will NOT win. Bulls Offense is not good enough. I forgot that the heat had the 2nd best ranked defense.

Where the hell did haslem come from?

If the bulls can't build or sustain leads over their pitiful scrub bench, this could easily be 3-1 heat.

(...damn I truly am a cubs fan, didn't realize how pessimistic I am about my teams...)