The Killing

swt61

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been liking it, watched the first episode on a whim without knowing anything about and not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, it's one of the few newer shows to hold my attention beyond the first episode. It has a bit of a Canadian feel to it, kind of like Durham County although obviously quite different shows.

I've been watching this but am less than impressed so far. Twin Peaks >> The Killing from what I've seen. After watching episode 1 I knew they were going to try to rip off TP as much as possible. Hell they don't even have the smokin hot chicks that Twin Peaks did. And what the hell is with the lame ass super late time? Don't most people work Monday morning?

Well as much as I try to pick my shows by how many "smokin hot chicks" are on it, I think I'll muddle through with the cast as it is. It's on at 9:00 here, ask your Mom nice, and maybe she'll let you stay up.

I really don't find it to be a rip off of TP either, so I guess we disagree on all points.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any comments on the season finale? I was a bit disappointed that it didn't wrap everything up, but not really surprised. I wonder if next season will be a new case, after this one is resolved?

I dont blame them for the cliff hanger aspect because it is a new show on an off brand network. I think it is pretty clear what happened but my guess is they wrap it up early next season and between that fallout and a new case her boss convinces her to go back. It was a good but not great ending IMO.

Well I'm of the opinion that Richmond is not the killer.

My money is on Gwen (who also drives a Black sedan). Not quite sure exactly what Holder is up to yet, but doubt he's a complete sellout, as his character adds a lot to the mix.

• 9 months later...

Funny you should be talking about yet another adaptation. Joanne tasked me with finding the original Danish version with English subtitles, as it was a suprise hit in the UK, even with subtitles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_(Danish_TV_series)#UK_success . There was even (manufactured) outrage in some quarters oven the accuracy of the translation, and the resulting inflated F count. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2062937/BBC-crackdown-F-word-subtitles-hit-The-Killing-team-mistranslates-mild-Danish-expletives.html

Funny you should be talking about yet another adaptation. Joanne tasked me with finding the original Danish version with English subtitles, as it was a suprise hit in the UK, even with subtitles. http://en.wikipedia....ies)#UK_success . There was even (manufactured) outrage in some quarters oven the accuracy of the translation, and the resulting inflated F count. http://www.dailymail...expletives.html

Damn! Do we Americans have any original thoughts anymore?

I don't mind copies, as long as they're copied well.

multiplicity.jpg

Of coarse I imagine you already know that you Brits have the same habit of copying American shows. You just don't seem to copy many of the good ones though...

This is Your Life

Family Fortunes (copy of Family Feud)

Brighton Belles (copy of Golden Girls)

The Apprentice

Blockbusters

The Upper Hand (copy of Who's the Boss)

The Price is Right

Wheel of Fortune

Blankety Blank (copy of Matchgame)

University Challenge (copy of College Bowl)

Married for Life (copy of Married With Children)

And why you'd want to copy The Jerry Springer Show (The Springer Show in the UK) is beyond me.

Edited by swt61

• 3 weeks later...