Help choosing headphones

justaquestion

Ok, I need help buying some headphones as I am undecided on which ones I should buy.

I would like some headphones (pref.) under ~$400 USD.

I will be listening to music (mostly) from my iPhone 4 or Mac. But I also have a high-end Vinyl player, and a Les Paul (which I can plug in my headphones). Those two might be considered audiophile but that is not the primary use (though I will use them) of my headphones, so I don't know if I should get audiophile headphones.

I will be listening mostly to Classic Rock/Rock. Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon), Led Zep, etc.

I really like listening to high quality music, but not sure if the headphones would make a big difference since I will be using my iPhone, because it's portable.

I would like what someone would consider a good bass. And I would prefer them to be somewhat portable, if not portable.

I prefer them to be noise-canceling, and comfortable for long-period use.

If an amp IS necessary, I will consider it (If necessary, portable, good, and cheap.)

The appearance doesn't matter, but I don't want to look like an idiot wearing these outside/wherever.

I don't mind if they're in-ear, on-ear, around-ear. As long as they're what I'm looking for.

I was looking at the PXC 450, HD 650, and EarSonic's SM3. But they can be any other headphones.

Thanks