FiiO E7 DAC Held Captive & Tortured

NwAvGuy

I'm insulted. I told him out of the gate that I would take his challenge, and I even live in Denver (where the supposed showdown was to take place).

Sometimes it doesn't pay not to be king.

Edited by Sherwood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see so many faces again! I am an admitted DIY audio junky and this is my first post here. I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy.

Well I see that other than this greenhorn(myself), there is a greenhorn here who has yet to find the order of the universe as it exists here on Head-Case. I thought I might enlighten him a bit as to the social norms of Head-Case. Point number one: You might be the bad ass engineer on the block, but until you show a bit of humility and let time prove your social worth, it is best to listen to those "in-the-know" here. You are not going to become a reputable source of info until you present some builds and achieve a "following' of builders who can vouch for your quality, knowledge and reputation. Head-Case is like a crab fishing boat with a lot of "crusty" old hands who have seen it all, only to be preached to by a "wet behind the ears" deck-hand. You don't throw your duty bag onto the boat when it pulls into port and try to jump into the "Captains" chair. So I reiterate, build some quality product and attend a few shows to see where exactly you fit in the "pecking order". Cheers

• 2 months later...

Now this: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/

THE TIMING: I’m not aware of anything quite like the O2 and I’m a bit surprised it’s taken until 2011 for a design like this to surface. I suspect it’s because the O2 lacks the latest fashionable parts or mythological design gimmicks. It’s just solid engineering which is relatively boring compared to resurrecting ancient distortion-laden singled-ended designs, using 3 channels to degrade the performance, glowing vacuum tubes, zero feedback, etc.

Thoughts?

And for what it's worth I hope nwavguy decides to/is permitted to hang out.

Edited by MoonShine

I tried to read the article, but after three screens worth of essentially self-praise I gave up. I am curious to hear what other designers think of it, though I doubt AMB will offer input...heh.

You'd think someone so skilled at autofellatio would have, uhm, better things to do with his time.

Obviously it doesn't matter what other designers think of it. It measures best ever (even if his "best ever" is the benchmark), so you can just stamp it "done" and everyone should throw out their other headphone amps, and get one of these.

• 3 months later...

This thread really shames your entire forums. Just the first page of it alone. You rip into this guy for reviewing a ultra cheap device because he doesn't compare it to 1500$ units? You CAN'T compare a 100$ mobile device to the SQ and functionality of something 15x the price. Yet you have full out administrators swearing at him over it?

You people are pathetic, and I'm glad there are real audio forums out there without mindless children arguing and being pathetic. If you don't like his reviews, don't read them. Grow up.

Deleting my account after this as well, I don't even want to be counted as a member of this board. Good day to you all, and congratulations for making yourselves and your forums look like a McDonalds play pen.

This thread really shames your entire forums. Just the first page of it alone. You rip into this guy for reviewing a ultra cheap device because he doesn't compare it to 1500$ units? You CAN'T compare a 100$ mobile device to the SQ and functionality of something 15x the price. Yet you have full out administrators swearing at him over it?

You people are pathetic, and I'm glad there are real audio forums out there without mindless children arguing and being pathetic. If you don't like his reviews, don't read them. Grow up.

Deleting my account after this as well, I don't even want to be counted as a member of this board. Good day to you all, and congratulations for making yourselves and your forums look like a McDonalds play pen.

QTESn.jpg