Creative Zen Vision:M with a MAC? Am I just out of luck??

KenW

I've just gotten a new MacBook Pro and I knew Creative didn't support the Mac platform. I still use my PC to work the ZVM but figured there might be a way to make it work. Unfortunately, Google has turned up nothing. Anyone here got suggestions? Yeah....buy an ipod comes to mind. ;)

Does parallels give you access to the usb? I'd check, but my macbook is with my wife, in alaska.

Guess I should clarify....Parallels would likely work but I don't want any MS software on my machine. I'm gonna cut the cord....at least on my laptop that is.

Found something for you KenW, I think it should work.

XNJB: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19205

Read this first though.

http://www.wentnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778&sid=c903fa25cb9f28568ab400cc74143484

Dave

I still think Parallels is a good solution, especially now that things like drag and drop between windows and OSX are round the corner. It does give accesss to almost all I/O functions.

KenW, you get a chance to try out the program yet?

Decided not to do parallels or any other similar program to get windows programs working on the mac. If I can't find a suitable Mac replacement, I'll do without. I've got a PC at home that I can use to manage the ZVM as needed.

If you're referring to the links from Sloth, I decided against it after reading the thread he linked. Didn't sound accurate or reliable. So the search continues I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno if I'm late to the party and XNJB works but the 'iTunes integration' is terrible.

Once it's de-bugged and released (e.g. does weird things with Sony ChronicShitage), Coherence on Parallels should be the most usable way to operate Windows-native apps under OS X. USB transfer is still slow, and the last time I tried it PlaysforSure DRM'd transfer failed (if you're into 'all-you-can-eat' services).

Dunno if I'm late to the party and XNJB works but the 'iTunes integration' is terrible.

Once it's de-bugged and released (e.g. does weird things with Sony ChronicShitage), Coherence on Parallels should be the most usable way to operate Windows-native apps under OS X. USB transfer is still slow, and the last time I tried it PlaysforSure DRM'd transfer failed (if you're into 'all-you-can-eat' services).

Thanks Ben. I finally gave up and simply use my ZVM with my office desktop. When this player finally craps out on me, I'll probably join my kids with an ipod. Both have 'em and for convenience, I guess that will be my next step away from Windows. So far, I'm well on my way to being windows free. Very sweet indeed.

Yeah - I still find Windows better for a lot of stuff but for the committed audiophile getting bit-perfect SPDIF out of iTunes without an addtional soundcard is handy.

Incidentally, while the Creatives are poorly supported there's a very good UMS plugin for iTunes on the Mac called iTuneMyWalkman. You can sync playlists on iTunes with UMS devices pretty transparently. I use it with the Meizu and the iRiver for syncing podcasts. It doesn't support things like played time / number of plays (although you can set it up to increment play counts on sync) but it's the nearest a UMS player will get to an iPod with iTunes.