Pink Floyd remastered again

zippy2001

OMG i though you were joking with the marbles and scarf but those are actually things that are packaged in the box!

Boy, you talk about overkill. Notice the last item listed is a 12 page credit book. Love that one. Must have taken dozens of people to put all of this together.

Gotta give them credit though, because any company that still has the nerve to do DSOM yet again had better come up with something extra that hasn't been heard/seen before. Would actually be a great place to jump in for any youngsters who've never heard DSOM before. I just can't imagine that there's much more material out there that hasn't been mined at this point.

Edited by Wmcmanus

According to Reuters several previously unreleased songs will be available as a part of this re-master series.

Surely that is the really big news here?

It certainly isn't slouch news. I will hungrily eat all of these up. I think some of the more interesting things to me are: the background info that will go into the books in the sets that will have them (I.E. the "Experience" versions); the live versions (certainly the Raving and Drooling era shows from WYWH/Animals era); I will eat up anything artwork related created by Storm Thorgerson -- I love his stuff, he's probably in my top 10 favorite visual artists of all time, right up there with Dave McKean, et al; and, of course, any high-res versions that they release.

WYWH being one of my two favorite albums of all time, I'm more excited about the Immersion edition of that album:

im-wywh.jpg

I'd actually be more interested in the dated stuff.

For sure! This actually does look like quite an ambitious project, and given all that is included, priced somewhat reasonably.

I found the quotes from Nick Mason (in one of the above links) interesting in the sense that it's kind of do or die at this point with all forms of physical media seemingly nearing their final days, sadly. Thus the rush to get it out while there is still a market for the shiny discs.

If I wanted to buy a redbook version of DSOTM, what would you all recommend? Even though I grew up in that era, I was never into PF. I do have the 30th Anniversary edition vinyl from acoustic sounds, but don't have the TT setup right now, and need a phono stage to do so anyhow since I got rid of the counterpoint pre.

I'm actually pretty happy with the recent anniversary edition that just came out and is fairly ubiquitous, but don't know which version is least damaged via compression, lowest noise floor etc, so wait for others to respond in that regard...

Sent from mah Droid

You mean the 30th Anniv. Edition (2003)?

30th Anniv. Ed.

Guess that must be it... it is a hybrid, but not unreasonably priced.