Just a reminder: The end starts Saturday

blessingx

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, it made for a fun couple of days. I mean, no one sane actually believed him, so what's the harm?

Good point. Although I think about the countless thousands spent for this guy's continued miscalculations. Oh well, I guess if people are willing to believe, then a fool and his money shall soon be parted.

On the other hand...

173-0804215016-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

"He said his skin felt like a pork roast, crackling on the outside but soft on the inside." Kind of a strange description, but hey, I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.

It's called crepitus and also sometimes happens when someone breaks a rib and punctures a lung. I would have never thought to compare it to a pork roast, but his actual symptoms fit with this condition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thought of this thread today.

Nineteen days after the world failed to end, blood stopped flowing to the brain of Harold Camping, prophet of doom. Had he felt his stroke coming as he confidently forecast apocalypse? Maybe not; maybe he had no more foresight into his own demise than the demise of the world. Or maybe he had simply confused the two—after all, he was approaching his 90th birthday, and his own mortality couldn't have seemed far off when, on national billboards and his own radio network, he set a date (May 21, 2011) for the end of days. For some, it is a short mental step from "my end is imminent" to "the end of everything is imminent." Call it apocalyptic narcissism...

http://chronicle.com/article/The-Comforts-of-the-Apocalypse/141117/