Upcoming releases

Dusty Chalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How often does this happen?

From: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news/26062/KAUAN-meteorite-crash-delay/

KAUAN meteorite crash delay
2013-02-21 by BloodMusic | 8 Replies | 276 Views
The Russian folk-doom outfit KAUAN has recently finished recording their 5th album in Kiev, Ukraine, and traveled to their home of Chelyabinsk, Russia, for mixing, when the city was attacked by a hailstorm of meteorites, whose power was 30x that of an atomic bomb!

The band has put the new record on hold and are currently staying at home to ensure that neither them nor family members have suffered radiation poisoning, which may make this the first album ever delayed by meteorite explosions.

The name of the new album will be PIRUT, which translates (from Finnish) as DEVILS. It will be a single, 40-minute long song, which they describe as "a stone-faced blend of neo-classical and funeral doom metal." The album will be released towards the end of 2013 on Finnish record label BLOOD MUSIC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd be surprised if it's very different on the vinyl.  That's always been a hallmark of Wayne and Dave Friedman's work.  From long before brick walling was popular.

I agree the overall production sound is the same, but Embryonic is more dynamic on vinyl.

I listened to the terror on the way into work today, and I don't think it will be an improvement to increase the dynamic range.  I think the way it's put together would have to change completely to get a graph that looks like what people like to see on most music.  The constant noise at the top of the mix is part of the atmosphere of the album, and I think it works to good effect.  There's definitely not a radio single on this tho.  

It reminds me a lot of some of their really early stuff, only done with more skill.

• 3 weeks later...

I know some others have taken to Rykarda Parasol's previous efforts I've posted about before.  I just found out that her latest, Against the Sun, came out today.  I've downloaded it and am giving it a first pass right now, and I have to say that initial impressions are that it does not disappoint.  If anyone enjoyed Our Hearts First Meet or For Blood or Wine, it's definitely worth checking out.  Her voice is phenomenal as always, and the songs are very strong.

CV-AgainsttheSun.jpg 

I know some others have taken to Rykarda Parasol's previous efforts I've posted about before.  I just found out that her latest, Against the Sun, came out today.  I've downloaded it and am giving it a first pass right now, and I have to say that initial impressions are that it does not disappoint.  If anyone enjoyed Our Hearts First Meet or For Blood or Wine, it's definitely worth checking out.  Her voice is phenomenal as always, and the songs are very strong.

CV-AgainsttheSun.jpg

Thanks, Ian; your recommendation got me into her (that and a cover of The Gun Club song She's Like heroin To Me).  Will surely check this out!