Upcoming releases

Dusty Chalk

From Riverside's Facebook Page:

"Love, Fear and the Time Machine" - this is the title of the sixth Riverside album. The band have just finished composing the new material.

"Our sixth album, six words in the title, sixty minutes of new music, that's about how long the new release will be. And we won't be playing hard rock any more", Mariusz Duda laughs. "There will be many more melodies dressed in completely different shades. We're changing and evolving as a band, we're growing up but most of all we want to keep recording different albums which are simply great to listen to. And the new one will be like a deep breath of fresh air, very different to what we'd done before."

"Love, fear and the times that have shaped us have the biggest influence on our life choices. The lyrics will be about everything that pushes us to make the most important decisions in our life."

The band are going to start recording the new material in March and it will be possible to follow the progress of their work on a special Instagram profile (www.instagram.com/riversideband.pl) The album will be released in August/September 2015 and some of the new songs will be played at this year's summer festivals. More information will follow soon…

I do not care what they do; it will be awesome.

Recording done, master made, can't wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

“Love, Fear and the Time Machine", the band’s sixth studio longplay album will be released via Inside Out Music and Mystic Production on September 4th, 2015, feature cover artwork by longtime design-partner Seempieces | Illustration & Design by Travis Smith (Katatonia, Opeth, etc.) and contain the following track listing:

RIVERSIDE – “Love, Fear and the Time Machine”
1. Lost (Why Should I Be Frightened By a Hat?)
2. Under the Pillow
3. ‪#‎Addicted‬
4. Caterpillar and the Barbed Wire
5. Saturate Me
6. Afloat
7. Discard Your Fear
8. Towards the Blue Horizon
9. Time Travellers
10. Found (The Unexpected Flaw of Searching)

RIVERSIDE are additionally working on a musical bonus package entitled “Day Session”, the brighter companion of the “Night Session” presented on the band’s previous album “Shrine Of New Generation Slaves”.

RIVERSIDE’s Mariusz Duda checked in with the following comment about “Love, Fear and the Time Machine":
“On the new album I wanted to combine the 70s and the 80s. The 80s were a decade of musical growing up for me. We don't sound as retro and 70s as before, we moved forward, we sort of demolished the previous foundations and build new ones. Despite the huge dose of melancholy and nostalgia, there is a new space, the songs are arranged with more flow and at the same time they have never been so concise and to the point before. The lyrics on "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" talk about a transformation. About making an important, perhaps life changing, decision everyone has to make at some point in their lives. What happens to us when we have to make it? On the one hand we're excited by the change, we feel free, liberated, and on the other we fear the unknown, we are afraid of what might happen to us. We go back in time and we go forward in time in our heads. And all that happens when we have to decide something important. The first of the songs on the album is called 'Lost', the last one, 'Found'. If we sometimes get lost in life, it is to go through something and be found again on the other side, to be reborn as someone better and more valuable. I would like this album to be one of those that one day simply becomes your best friend.”

10012703_1037390026272915_39717461159157

Just get in my ears already!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet Jesus, it's going to be a fantastic next few months...

KAUAN - SORNI NAI [NEW ALBUM DETAILS]

The prolific Russian/Ukrainian post rock/doom outfit returns with their brilliant seventh album in only eight year's time! "Sorni Nai" - the band's most mature work to date - is a concept album that references and expands upon territory explored in their previous work ("Pirut"), showcasing a single 52-minute long track, twisting through lush string orchestrations into sinister and operatic doom metal.

The album's concept focuses on the infamous Djatlov Pass Incident. In 1959, nine Soviet hikers went on a trip to reach Mt. Ortorten in the Ural Mountains. None of the hikers were seen alive again. Their bodies were found a mile from their campsite, missing their skis, shoes, and coats while braving -30°C weather. Two of them had fractured skulls, two had major chest fractures, and one was missing her tongue. Investigators listed the cause of death as "a compelling natural force," and the case was immediately closed.

The artwork by Sonia Melnik is a panorama displaying known imagery of the hikers skiing towards their destination.

The album's title references the golden goddess of the Ural Mountains' Mansi region. The band otherwise continues in its tradition of singing exclusively in poetic Finnish, the only known non-native-speaking band outside of Finland to attempt lyrics in the unique Nordic language, one of the most complex in the world.

Even though the album is intended to be one single track, the band has split it up into chapters for the CD release, which are titled in the native Mansi language.

Label: Blood Music

Pre-order: August 5th, 2015.
Release: October 20th, 2015.

Formats: Vinyl LP / CD in digipack / digitally through Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc.

1. Akva
2. Kit
3. Khurum
4. Nila
5. At
6. Khot
7. Sat

11760135_10153475068336085_1054671935961

Edited by roadtonowhere08
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Just in case you missed it, it's still available at NPR's First Listen

Thanks, I haven't been following First Listen for a while, so yes listening to it now...well, oops, seems I queued up Deerhoof first, I wonder how that happened...and the verbal description of Mitski's Puberty 2 and that Israeli sisters/Yemenite Jews doing Arab-language folk songs with electronic touches sounds interesting too...Oooh, I like the new player...anyway, it's queued up, appreesh!  :D
EDIT:  Okay, now it's playing -- yeah, really dig.  So pretty hearing those triple vocal lines.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As mentioned a couple of posts up,..

Ron Howard's movie "Eight Days a Week" is starting next week.

I'm not sure about the schedule for general distribution but special showings with bonus footage of the Shea Stadium concert will be shown after the movie at these locations.

http://thebeatleseightdaysaweek.com/us/book-tickets/

Sound Crew Image.jpg

Picture of the sound crew at Shea (kind feel for that poor folding chair!)

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...