CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)

Asr

So I might end up having to vacate my hotel room at the Hilton Garden Inn - if there are 2 people who haven't already booked a room (or who have but would prefer staying at the closer hotel), let me know, you can take mine for say $150/person for all 3 nights (Thu-Sun 10/13-16). I can't cancel the room because I pre-paid for it, otherwise I would. The HGI was sold out btw, when I checked a couple of days ago.

And I was just getting excited to see the HC travel team forming, it totally sucks that I might have to miss RMAF completely due to an unforeseen circumstance.... sad.png

If I end up having to miss RMAF, which seems pretty likely actually, I hope all of you have an amazing time there for me and hopefully I'll have been there vicariously through pics.

Edited by Asr

Yes indeedy jp!

I just noticed a few posts about Craig's prototype Electra over on that other site and while I haven't been following the evolution of this amp for very long, it seems like they have a few details wrong (I know,.. how the fuck could that happen?).

Mainly, since Craig and I have discussed designs for an electrostatic amp, the only DHT's that we've ever considered were the large transmitter tubes like a 211 or 845. I suppose you could get enough swing with other DHT's on the output but I've only considered the 300b as a driver for such an amp (they seemed to think that it uses 4 300b's on the output ).

" Basically two pairs of tube differential gain stages driving a differential 6L6GC with split inductor plate loads."

And from another email;

"It uses four Tung Sol 50's style 6L6 upgraded to GC with four 6SN7 drivers. The amp will swing close to 800V PP with an input sensitivity of less than a volt."

Kiertijai has been posting all that info since he's bought one. He sent me info which was presumably parts of emails from Craig which stated 6SN7 or 6SL7 drivers with 300B output tubes. I even asked about 211/845's since 300B's make no sense for an output stage but there was just some info about the tubes in the PSU. The amp was also supposed to be ready quite a while ago so it seems he's changed the design to me...

I actually have been thinking I am staying at Marriott all this time but when I checked I am staying in the immediate vicinity at the Hyatt. Is that the Technobimbo? I am glad you didn't listen to my advice as the Residence Inn I thought I booked is almost in another state.

Edited by VPI

My hotel room is officially available now. Hey if it helps I can drop that price some, I just don't want to see that room go empty when 2 people could use it. The Hilton Garden Inn is literally within drunk stumbling distance of the RMAF Marriott btw, just across the street. JP didn't say where he's staying but I'm assuming he'll be there, so I'm guessing the party will be there too. ;)

I might be able to drop by the show on Friday 10/14 but will have to miss the rest of it. Really sucks, was looking forward to hanging out with y'all.

Jeff: the Residence Inn DTC is kinda far from the RMAF area - theoretically walkable but that'd be like walking from one end of Central Park to the other (for an NYC analogy), while contending with traffic and a high-speed highway in between. In other words, probably not something you want to do unless you have lots of time.

Here's a map showing the distance between that Residence Inn and RMAF: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=7675+East+Union+Avenue,+Denver,+CO&daddr=6565+South+Yosemite+Street,+Greenwood+Village,+CO&hl=en&ll=39.61878,-104.887676&spn=0.076959,0.116558&sll=39.620169,-104.894028&sspn=0.034644,0.059309&geocode=FYKwXAIdRVe_-SmDPxB9AodshzECHEGT6ruXUg%3BFVc3XAIdM4W_-SkbbanjfIZshzF5tlO4STR6hQ&t=m&z=13&vpsrc=6

And here's a pic showing the relative locations of all the nearby hotels btw:

hvnyx5.jpg

Yeah, I do not know how I got it in my head that I was staying at a Marriott. It was probably wishful thinking as I have so many Marriott points I need to use. I get in Thursday morning and I am trying to decide if I get a rental if enough travelers are coming in around that time or if I just take a cab.

Wow, what a bummer that you won't make it, Steve. If you still have time, I'd definitely take you out for some photo time before or after RMAF.

On that note...can anyone take me as a room crasher?

PS: I'll double check if Blutarsky is still staying with me and my son, and if not then I'll have space for you. I should know by tomorrow.

Which is nicer, the hyatt techno tech or the Hilton?

The Hyatt is a lot nicer and a lot more spacious. It's the same hotel brand as CanJam '10, which I'm sure you remember was hella nice. smile.png The one in Denver just isn't as big as the one in Chicago was.

Wow, what a bummer that you won't make it, Steve. If you still have time, I'd definitely take you out for some photo time before or after RMAF.

On that note...can anyone take me as a room crasher?

Thanks for the offer Peter but I have almost no time-off from work left now for the rest of the year, no thanks to a trip I just had to book that conflicts with RMAF. I'm sure I'll visit Yosemite NP sometime though eventually, will definitely try to meet up with you there maybe next year. wink.png

Al might have space in the room that was formerly mine, you should ask him to make sure though.

Edited by Asr

PS: I'll double check if Blutarsky is still staying with me and my son, and if not then I'll have space for you. I should know by tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for the offer Peter but I have almost no time-off from work left now for the rest of the year, no thanks to a trip I just had to book that conflicts with RMAF. I'm sure I'll visit Yosemite NP sometime though eventually, will definitely try to meet up with you there maybe next year. wink.png

Al might have space in the room that was formerly mine, you should ask him to make sure though.

Bummer, well, just let me know if anything does open up, even if it's just a weekend day for us to run out to RMNP or the like.

I'll see what Al has to say.