Tyll's Ultrasone Edition10 Review

grawk

I'm glad I watched that in private, I was laughing embarrassingly hard.

The brutal honesty of these reviews is perhaps one of the greatest favors ever done for the consumers of headphones. I'm so glad that there is someone able and willing to do this.

I've been getting tired of everyone comparing the edition ten with high end Stax. Like they even compare.

The ED9s were just lucky timing, before Sennheiser, Beyer and others had their new flagships out, so, being shiny, they were hyped to death. It's entertaining watching at least one owner, in massive denial, go nuts every time the measurements are mentioned.

Edited by Currawong

When I first got the Edition 9 they were fun in a 1980's "Cerwin-Vega kinda way", but once I'd listen to another headphone and compare them they always sounded dark and bloated in comparison. I'm not unhappy that I got rid of them after Naamanf planted the idea in my head at the 2009 Colorado meet, and with the money I got from them I was able to land his old O2 Mk1.

• 9 months later...

Not sure what to make of this "review", but I hate this: "The overall sound quality is perfect! Clear treble, vivid midrange, and powerful bass!"

Can't they be even more general? It's like when those magazines who know nothing about audio decide to write about headphones. You end up reading that good cans are "potent". What does that even mean? Drives me nuts...