funny $hit

tiberian

i'm kinda confused as to what's going on with the whole situation...

What's there to understand? Pink Floyd got slapped with a MOT tag. He's been modding the X Cans for a while now (for more than just parts cost), so now he's a MOT. Of course there still are are a lot of people who have gone under the radar or are ignored like Benny Boy (although from reading PF's forum he's gone for good), TURBO, Ori, etc....

Why must everyone leave when they are tagged with MOT?

I'm sure to have my tag soon, I've been recabling for a while now. I don't see the reason to leave. Maybe It's the fact that I don't post very often, or that I don't shill myself or slander others.

If anything, it'll just make me more aware of what I'm posting, but that's realy not a big deal.

Pink just got a bug in his ass about all of a sudden being a MOT. He charges people to modify equipment, therefore by Head-Fi rules he is a MOT. As a MOT he is prohibited from posting about anything concerning his segment of the trade. MOTs are not prohibited from posting concerning other aspects. I am a MOT (Cables). I don?t comment about my cables. I also take the rules to mean that I shouldn?t comment about any other company?s cables. I can however comment on unrelated subjects (Amps, Headphones, Sources).

What's there to understand? Pink Floyd got slapped with a MOT tag. He's been modding the X Cans for a while now (for more than just parts cost), so now he's a MOT. Of course there still are are a lot of people who have gone under the radar or are ignored like Benny Boy (although from reading PF's forum he's gone for good), TURBO, Ori, etc....

For what its worth I'm pretty sure BennyBoy is doing the mods for just cost (which also might have pissed off PinkFloyd as he had something in his sig about not having any affiliation with BennyBoy mods). I asked BennyBoy about modding a Xcanv2, and he turned me down but said he would do a v3 for just the cost of parts/russian tubes. He has also offered to repair equipment for members for just the cost of shipping.

Eh, my 2? is that it is what it is. If he's running an audio related business then he's an MoT and subject to the rules of the board. He probably brought it on himself with the whole RA-1 thread which was idiotic, especially from someone who's been around as long as he has. I think it'd be in Head-Fi's best interest to keep going with the MoT tags and hopefully create a more level playing field.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about copulating with a goat, sudden entry into the MOT club, the RA-1 and nothing much else to write home about from where I stand. Goat-Fi, get banned for life for telling someone to go fck his goat..... You are banned. Reason: Goat duration of ban: Life......

fckin classic way of shutting someone up, done up like the proverbial kipper ;D

And still no MOT tag for this dumbass Sovkiller, official Rudistor "distributor" for US and Canada and unofficial Ultrasone shill...

Head-Fi's just a fucking marketing platform now, but you all know that. Also i was a bit tired of the "Disneyland approved" atmosphere, when the tight ass moderating staff is afraid of the smallest controversy.

Very good idea this Head-Case forum!

You can say goatsex here. You can even say goatfuck. You can even say go fuck yourself. Goatpenis, goatpussy, goatrack, goathanger. It's all good.

I tend not to swear just for the sake of it, prefer to use the occasional word to highlight a point.... much more effective than filling every sentence with swearwords just cause you can. Thanks for the advice though ;)

So let me see if I got this straight. The MODs gave Pink the MOT status (Which He deserves), He got pissed off and told a MOD or Jude to go Fuck his Goat (or a goat) and He got a lifetime ban.

Being a MOT is not the end of the world. It also doesn?t prevent a person from weighing in on most subjects. Methinks that Pink has anger issues. Pink should feel free to speak his mind here, but shouldn?t be surprised when people do likewise.

I tend not to swear just for the sake of it, prefer to use the occasional word to highlight a point.... much more effective than filling every sentence with swearwords just cause you can. Thanks for the advice though ;)

There are people who don't understand the difference between can and should. That's ok tho, we won't ban them, just disdain them.

We've mostly gotten beyond the stream of curse words just because they're not banned here. We still haven't gotten past some of the headfi bashing, but hopefully one day the fuel for that fire won't be so prevalent.