Considering building M3 and σ11 to drive speakers

t.25

Hi guys,

Been wanting to build this for some time, and was considering a M3 and σ11 to drive some home made computer speakers. I'm leaning towards a nice 2ch set of full range speakers. Based on the microFonken design.

Its been awhile since I've done anything on this scale, as such, it would be much appreciated if I can get some advise/opinions/correction on the attached BOM.

Cheers in advance

I'm still a diy noob, so maybe you're operating on a higher conceptual level than me (or maybe you're just high?), but won't those speakers be a bit on the, well, quiet side, with a headphone amp driving them? If the answer is no, then have fun with the bom. If the answer is yes, then you will perhaps understand part of the reason for the absurd and hilarious responses so far.

Where would you drive your speakers to? Mine are always asking to go for ice cream.

Ice cream?

Your speakers sound hard to drive. My old Apogees used to be that way, but my current Meadowlarks are much easier. A smooth and easy ride anywhere just for fun, no demands for ice cream!

I'm still a diy noob, so maybe you're operating on a higher conceptual level than me (or maybe you're just high?), but won't those speakers be a bit on the, well, quiet side, with a headphone amp driving them? If the answer is no, then have fun with the bom. If the answer is yes, then you will perhaps understand part of the reason for the absurd and hilarious responses so far.

well, according to Ti; the M3 is capable of being used as a speaker amplifier with the proper mods. and admittedly; its been awhile since ive done any serious DIY work.

well, according to Ti; the M3 is capable of being used as a speaker amplifier with the proper mods. and admittedly; its been awhile since ive done any serious DIY work.

Why not build a design that was actually designed to drive speakers? You would probably get more info about this specific request by posting in the AMB forums: http://www.amb.org/forum/

Why not just use a TDA2030 and be done with it?

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/stmicroelectronics/1458.pdf

That will drive a speaker, in the same way a M3 will drive a speaker.