Tyll's Beyerdynamic DT 1350 Review

HiWire

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, that's quite a treble peak on the T70. Not much initial overshoot on the 30hz square wave - is it the 300hz square wave that's more indicative of brightness? Or am I completely wrong? What's the overshoot an indication of in mechanical terms, as in diaphragm behavior?

Man, not having the right technical background for any of this puts me at such a massive disadvantage. Here's a fairly important question: if I wanted to self-educate when it comes to electrical engineering basics and as it relates to audio - where should I start?

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I tell ya, they're both good. M-80 review tomorrow I think. At this point, I'd probably prefer the M-80/V-80 ... but of course, it's because I've got sick custom ones.

Thanks, just read your review on InnerFidelity plus the Top 10 Gift Guide. Does the LP2 sound like the M-80/V-80, just bassier? And does the B&W P5 sound better than the M-80/V-80?

Your site is very informative, much more info there than on Head-Fi.

I think the K701 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It actually sounds pretty good out of the WA5LE.

I feel as you do and why I had a K701 re-cabled by Alex. Kept that combo one for about 4 years.

The K701 has it's strengths. Call me crazy, but I preferred the slightly mellower sound of the K601 and sold off the 7s. Then again I think it's been pretty much the same headphone from the K400 on undecided.gif

& still digging the DT1350 bass. The M80s sounded bloated in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Horrible metallic sound, very hard on ears. Perhaps somewere around 6-8k. Bass is non-existent, regardless of how I wear them. Perhaps on a bigger head. Going back. Horrible headphones. Can't for the life of me understand the thrill about these, except for perhaps some of the mechanics.

I think the main issue with these is that they need to be set towards the back of your ears a bit more than one might expect. Possibly more than what seems "natural" for lack of a better word. Once you find that sweet spot, the bass is full and deep and the mids come back into the picture. Otherwise, the sound is really uneven.

A very fussy headphone for positioning, but, once you find the right spot, they reward nicely. At least that has been my experience.

• 2 weeks later...