KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

CMC Audio doesn't list the pins on their website but I'm sure they could be bought in bulk. Edit: it's been taken care of. :)

As for the 2SA1968, when the notice came that it was EOL'd some of us bought ample stocks... :P The 10M90 is a fine alternative though but sourcing it outside of the US is a bit of a pain.

Edited by spritzer

CMC Audio doesn't list the pins on their website but I'm sure they could be bought in bulk. Edit: it's been taken care of. :)

So what is the price?

I also asked wonderco_buy what his best whole sale price just in case.

There are some pretty cheap 3D printing houses out there; it looks like they're limited to Nylon, ABS, and ceramic. Would those materials be suitable for a Stax socket? I ask because most of 3D printing shops make parts on-demand, and would make for one less group-buy to coordinate. Something like this? That was a few minutes spent with Google SketchUp, a ruler, and one of luvdunhill's Stax sockets, so it might not be accurate.

Ok, it's a DIY part, sorry. I will build a kgsshv MYSELF :)

I have not many knowledge of electronic, but I lisened a kgss (not the high voltage version), and it was incredible. Thank you kevin create an amp to have as good and not very expensive.

I will take 1 or 2 set, depending of the price.

The Shapeways prices for the Stax socket I linked vary from $6 to $13 depending on the material. Ceramic is $6.18, black nylon (called "black strong & flexible") is $12.72. Their Materials page describes the exact pricing--for each material, price is either per volume or surface area, there are design rules that need to be met, and there's a minimum price per part. Minimum order is $25, and shipping is free/included. It seems like they're really targeting the low-volume/prototyping markets.

If you pinch every penny, spend wisely paying the lowest possible price for parts,

and not have to pay taxes or shipping costs, you could probably do it for that much.

Originally, my KGSSHV was $800. I went the total econo-route.

This was before buying replacement parts and upgrading the trafo and attenuator,

and installing a soft start circuit. Currently, I have $1100 in it.

There seem to be a number of problems with the 3D printing of the

stax jacks. Shrinkage when fired, roundness of the holes, sizes

accuracys... It might take a few tries to get this right.

Not that machining teflon is that easy either, but at least

the holes are the right size and in the right place.

@livewire

Your kgsshv is fixed now ?

This prolly isnt the right thread for this discussion, but yes it is working again.

I highly recommend adding a soft-start circuit to avoid current inrush damage to

the power supply components when powering up the KGSSHV.

Now back to 100 KGSSHV board sets and counting...

Something like this should take care of the inrush current.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/EPCOS/B57153S100M/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv9eKVyXEc%252bhAZUpToxTU3SjSna2OgFPkw%3d

This is a 2 amp device, probably the 1 amp device works to,

put in series with the primary of the transformer. (110vac)

all transistor mounting holes are the same as the T2, which is .5 inch between holes.

As for the 2SA1968, when the notice came that it was EOL'd some of us bought ample stocks... :P The 10M90 is a fine alternative though but sourcing it outside of the US is a bit of a pain.

I have a number of 2sa1968LS - these usable?

It would be VERY NICE if everyone calls up Linear Systems and bugs the crap

out of them for lsj109's, or even the singles versions. If enough people

do it, they might actually sell them.

I've put some pressure on them, dont know if they'll budge due to the lowish quantities involved...