Violectric V200

Guest x123x

This review makes a good model for a generic amp review.

The [amp] seems to be a very well balanced amp in every aspect of its sonic presentation. By this I mean its frequency presentation seems to be equally consistent throughout the entire spectrum from the very low bass all the way throughout the upper treble. This consistency gives the [amp] a very smooth, even and natural tonal balance. This well balanced tonal character gives the amp a smooth, almost liquid sense, a somewhat silky feel. Never is there a hint of artificial or electronic reproduction taking place. When I say silkiness and smoothness I do not mean to infer a lack of detail or leading edge blurriness but quite the contrary, there is plenty of inner detail and resolution.

There is also an overall warmth to this amp but not too much, not overly present or in any way intrusive. This warmth does not seem to be a manifestation of any undue or excess mid bass emphasis, its just there in the presentation in a beneficial way rather than detracting and does not obscure the the amps detail or compromise definition. Personally I find this warmth pleasant, inviting and gratifying.

The [amp] is at once dynamic and laid back. It delivers the dynamic emphasis required to give instruments the weight and impact needed for palpable realism and it does so without seeming to break a sweat. Dynamics are never constrained nor is there ever any sense of congestion. There is explosive dynamics when called for and yet fine inner detail and micro dynamics are not sacrificed at the expense of muscle. Its ability to deliver whatever power is needed is done in an effortless manner, never any sense that the [amp] is straining to get the job done. If an amp could have a demeanor then for the [amp] it would be confidence.

The [amp] has the ability to unravel a complex sonic landscape with ease and confidence. Musical lines and rhythms are kept straight and coherent. Nothing is sonically tripping over itself or obscuring the detail of another instrument. Even in the most complex passages you can distinctly hear every instrument in detail. This is the consequence of the [amp]'s ability to resolve and present the smallest amounts of inner detail and micro dynamics. Instruments are clearly defined and focused and separated across the soundstage. Bass extension is deep and controlled with excellent definition, impact and tonality. Treble is extended and smooth without any sense of edginess or harshness. The slight overall warmth to the [amp] gives the midrange the seduction needed to draw you into the music and get you involved. Listening to the [amp] I never once thought I was listening to an amplifier. It is not an in your face kind of amplifier. It seems so well balanced in so many regards that it doesn't need to have any particular overbearing characteristics to give it its overall magic. It simply does its job in every area with confidence and respect and disappears from the sonic equation in an effortless way. Smooth and effortless are the words I kept mouthing when listening to the [amp].