IPB 3.2 Upgrade

tkam

Starting the process for upgrading the IPB forum software to version 3.2. You'll see some features disappear during the transition. Not sure how long the upgrade will take - will update this post/thread as things move along.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty nice, though in Chrome it's screwing the twitter box which shows very funny indeed. It also seems to have a slight problem with the avatars, which aren't keeping their original proportion and show slightly narrowed down in height, so they look wider.

Chrome problem or are you having these same issues?

Good catch - I checked with Tapatalk - it's a known issue and they are working on it. No ETA yet but knowing them it'll probably only be a few days. In the mean time the regular mobile version of the site works pretty well.

I quoted a post, edited it and hit "Post". It said "Saving Post" indefinitely even though it was done. Not understanding what was going on, I added a double post. Since we don't yet have an "Edit" button, I couldn't clean up my mistake. So I have two requests:

1. If there is any way to do it, could you arrange for the "Saving Post" message to turn into "Done" when the post is saved?

2. Add an "Edit" button as before.

Thanks.

Edit is still there in your own posts to the left of "multiquote" but it doesn't have a button around it. It highlights when you mouse over it, but it is there. Also, this "saving post" thing used to happen to me in another format and I learned that as soon as you definitely hit "post" you can move away from the page and the post will happen even if it seems hung up. The same thing happened to me minutes ago and I just moved on or reloaded the page and all was well.

The HC logo is now updated to match the new style. I haven't seen the "saving post" thing sit there and not disappear yet - but based on how it works as soon you see it pop-up it's safe to assume that the post is already saved. Saving a post is really pretty much an instant thing.