New Favorite Things

boomana

As for my favorite new thing, I will add the Think Tank Digital Holster 20 + belt. I look like a total dork but it is great for hiking and will save my shoulders.

Shelly, which ThinkTank belt did you get? I'm looking at some waist-belt (shoulder free) solution since shoulder/sling-bag has been bit problematic to use while chasing around a toddler.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I ordered both the Pro Speed Belt and the Thin Skin belt (and planned to send the one I didn't use back but forgot). I think the Pro Speed belt would be useful if you had a lot of gear on the belt. It has quite a bit of padding. I was just carrying a D90 + 18-200 in the Digital Holster 20 and an 18oz water bottle + water bottle holder on the belt so the Thin Skin belt was perfectly fine for me. I can take some pictures of the two belts if you are interested in the difference. The Pro Speed Belt seems to be more popular.

I can take some pictures of the two belts if you are interested in the difference. The Pro Speed Belt seems to be more popular.

That would be great. I think I'm either going with holster/modular combo or get one of the speed series and replace my Sling-O-Matic with a backpack.

^Electric toothbrushes are great. We actually need to replace ours since they no longer hold any charges.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Spibelt

It's become an essential accessory for my running duties. Super lightweight belt to put your keys, cellphones, etc. while running and you don't even notice it's there. I paid 20$ for mine at a local runners store, you can get it cheaper online.

jogging-equipment-spibelt.jpg

Oral-B Pulsonic Sonic Toothbrush

oral-b-pulsonic-healthbolt.jpg

I know that there are snazzier ones out there, but I like that it's small, lightweight, quiet, and the charge lasts at least a couple weeks, so it's good for travel. It also comes with a precision brush head that's good for getting in between my teeth.

I put a steripod on it, and toss it in my purse to go to work:

28409_492.jpg

Vicki, if you bought this from Amazon, they have a 50% rebate for it. Here's the link to the form:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/15/51/17/85/1551178590._V157068849_.pdf

That would be great. I think I'm either going with holster/modular combo or get one of the speed series and replace my Sling-O-Matic with a backpack.

^Electric toothbrushes are great. We actually need to replace ours since they no longer hold any charges.

Sorry to take so long to get these picture up - it slipped my mind. Let me know if you wanted something more than this (like the digital holster on the bag, on a person, etc.). For reference, I have fairly small hands.

GKYPe.jpg

FW66F.jpg

Yf9jq.jpg

83OEd.jpg

5tL4n.jpg

Edited by shellylh

As for my favorite new thing, I will add the Think Tank Digital Holster 20 + belt. I look like a total dork but it is great for hiking and will save my shoulders.

Digital-Holster-20-V20--3.jpg

After using them for several hours yesterday, I will add these to mine as well (with Pro Speed Belt in my case). It worked really, really well while I chased/carried around my daughter around the zoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of the NB minimus trails, really nice shoes. Did a light run today,felt pretty good. There definitely is some increased stress on the foot and calf, but my lower back, which used to always ache after running, feels great.

Make sure to land on your midfoot and not on your heel because that can cause major stress with minimalist shoes. Also, increase your distances gradually and your feet should eventually get used to it.

Make sure to land on your midfoot and not on your heel because that can cause major stress with minimalist shoes. Also, increase your distances gradually and your feet should eventually get used to it.

Yup, I've been paying attention to making sure I had a midfoot strike, though I will say it kind of occurs naturally the way the shoe is that you land with your midfoot.