New Favorite Things

boomana

Nice, Jim.

Here's one of my fav things of the past couple years: Nivea's version of Chapstick. I've tried out dozens of brands and always come back to this one. I like the unscented. Just picked up four more since I'm always losing them and can't stand to be without.

NiveaLipCare.jpg

I haven't tried their chapstick (usually use Carmex if I need any), but have been using Nivea's products for awhile. Their shaving cream and a facewash. Good stuff from this company.

http://www.surroundair.com/ionic-air-purifier.htm

Highly recommended, we own five of these puppies placed around the house and in the bedrooms. I would also recommend you consider anti-dust mite pillow and mattress covers since that is where you spend from five to seven hours a day potentially breathing in allergens.

Our Allergist does not think very highly of Claritin, and we agree since it seems there was very little benefit from this drug prior to moving to our new drugs. We use Astelin in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening and Nelimed sinus rinses in the evening before bedtime. Our Costco carries Zyrtec and the Nelimed rinse so that helps in the expense. There are three of us with asthma in my family and both of my boys would catch bad colds leading to pneumonia in years but since we went full monty with this regime, we rarely meet our Blue Cross deductibles anymore.

YMMV...........

I hope my recos help.

It takes about 2-3 weeks for the Zyrtec to kick in but it does seem to help and the Nelimed program really made a difference with my family. We ripped out all of the carpet in our house which helped with both the allergies and the snakes...........................................................

.jus' kidding about the snakes.azn.gif

Neilmed, just checking to see if you were paying attention.laugh.png

I took apart two of the pillowcases but could not find any labels all I remember is that we bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond after looking everywhere for some decent quality covers. They are very heavy material like a 300pt cotton with a rubber type lining. The anti dust mite cases have lasted quite a while and remain in like new condition.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I don't know what that is, but it looks like something I'd like.

Ground cocoa. It brews like coffee, but you can use the grounds over and over again. Since chocolate is a super food, it is supposed to be good for you. I don't know about any of that, and suspect that most of it is BS, but I do know that this stuff tastes good with a little milk and sugar. And it gives me a nice pleasant buzz without any jitters.

Edited by CherryBomb