Triplefi-10 Pro Cable

laxx

I don't know about you guys, but the VI cable keeps breaking for me (every few months of daily usage). If this is the case for others, what have you done to prevent this? Has anyone tried an aftermarket cable? I really don't want to deal with this problem again (3 times so far).

Any help would be appreciated!

I haven't found a solution but I can definitely confirm that I've had the stock cable fail on several Triple.fi 10 pros (I gave a bunch as gifts during that big sale). Logitech was ok about replacing them but it's a pain in the neck. I've also noticed that the UE universals are generally pretty poorly made. I'd be interested in cheap aftermarket cable alternatives. I also have a hard time recommending these anymore due to the crappy build quality.

Same here but I only have the normal version and not the VI. I've had 2 broken cables in a little over a year but the 3rd one seems to be holding up well for the past 4 months or so. I think they changed the design to where the plug is now right angle vs. straight previously.

I think it's possible to use the Westone ES cables which are either the same or very similar to those that come with the JH Audio IEM's. I thought I'd read somewhere that with a bit of filing of the pins they would work with the Triple.Fi's. Alternatively for a bit more money there are the Null Audio Enyo and Lune cables. I have an older Null Audio cable (pre-Enyo) which works fine but is a bit unwieldy when I'm at work so I've taken to using the stock cable which really isn't a whole lot better.

I wonder if the quality has gone down since Logitech took over? My pair are fairly early production well, well before Logitech bought them, they've been listened to on almost daily basis at home and work and I also use them when I'm out cutting the lawn or doing house/yard work and I've never had an issue.

I'm refusing to give Logitech my money ($20 per cable + $6 shipping) every few months. It's pretty ridiculous that a cable breaks as easily as this one. The first time I complained, they just mailed me an entire refurbished Triplefi 10 Pro, which was very kind of them, but not going through 2 sets of replacement cables, I don't want to spend any more money for some throw away cable that's not at a throw away price.

I think it's possible to use the Westone ES cables which are either the same or very similar to those that come with the JH Audio IEM's. I thought I'd read somewhere that with a bit of filing of the pins they would work with the Triple.Fi's. Alternatively for a bit more money there are the Null Audio Enyo and Lune cables. I have an older Null Audio cable (pre-Enyo) which works fine but is a bit unwieldy when I'm at work so I've taken to using the stock cable which really isn't a whole lot better.

I wonder if the quality has gone down since Logitech took over? My pair are fairly early production well, well before Logitech bought them, they've been listened to on almost daily basis at home and work and I also use them when I'm out cutting the lawn or doing house/yard work and I've never had an issue.

I've used the Westone ES cable with the Triple.fi. They do take a bit of filing unless you want a bit of the pins exposed at the top. Its tricky, you don't want to file them too much or they won't stay on well. I think I may have had to reverse the sides they were on as the polarity may be switched in that cable. I don't know if I'd mess with it again even though I do believe the Westone cable is much nicer. This is all reminding me of how much of a hassle the Triple.fi were.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm refusing to give Logitech my money ($20 per cable + $6 shipping) every few months. It's pretty ridiculous that a cable breaks as easily as this one. The first time I complained, they just mailed me an entire refurbished Triplefi 10 Pro, which was very kind of them, but not going through 2 sets of replacement cables, I don't want to spend any more money for some throw away cable that's not at a throw away price.

I think I've bought at least 5 cables from them already. Just so very annoying.