what's this?

ayt999

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it the input that connect to a Power cord... so it's part of a new power supply for an amplifier....

hmmm... we may be onto something here. good sleuthing work. maybe it does interface with a cord whose duty it is to carry power. but not sure if I want a power supply cord that doesn't lock onto the chassis?

okay....

so I suppose some people aren't having fun with me and are getting annoyed for some reason (although I have to say I haven't said anything about this thread being fun yet and I hope people aren't mixing in other ideas with my intentions and the thread I started), but whatever. didn't realize head-case was so serious nowadays. can't start a thread to goof around a bit, which I have to say was a nice change after almost a week of constant studies including two papers and three finals on top of regular classes and assignments.

as for being so joyful about receiving an amp, I can't say I agree too much with that. there is a limit on how long I'll wait (although the build is very nice and I did not mind the wait as long as the final product was built to justin's high standards and the time was used wisely to do so, and with the other amps I have to use), and if we were discussing this a year ago this time, which would have been just a bit longer than three months of wait, I might have a different take on it, but now I'm just relieved that the thing is here and I don't have to wonder what happened to it. given that I was waiting on an SDS-XLR from Sept. of 2004 to May 2005, which was a long time in of itself, and this Aristaeus took much longer than that with an order date of Sept. 2005 to receiving it yesterday, the massive compounding of wait times on items I was originally given November ship dates of the year I placed the order is really putting a damper on things. if you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting much as before, which is very much so related to this.

if anyone's looking for in depth impressions I doubt that will happen (especially not anytime soon since I am heading home for the holidays in a few days and don't think I am taking the amp with me), and I hope that isn't a suprise to anyone given my large withdrawal of general posting, nevermind reviews of any sorts, in the past year or so.

if you really think this thread is annoying, then don't open it. I am not obligated to cater to the crowd, and I hope I have the option here on head-case to post whatever I want (within reason of course), but whatever.

I was thinking of taking some nice pictures and posting them, but don't think I want to spend the effort if everyone wants to critique it similar to this thread (especially when similar threads are so plentiful but when I start one uncharacteristically I get tons of rude, IMO, posts) after it being up for much less than a day. if you are looking for me, I'll be listening to some music.

aty999,

I think the annoyance was simply people wanting to share in your excitement and see what is, as far as I can tell, a fricken gorgeous amp. Hell, I tried to post your own picture of it, thinking that was what you wanted after you hinted that the pictures were there if you just looked, but I was then told I was "un-fun". So please, take nice pictures and post them up for us to drool over. When you get around to critical listening post up some impressions if you want. But I agree that the most important thing would be to just enjoy the amp.

Nate

as for this quote

Hell, I tried to post your own picture of it, thinking that was what you wanted after you hinted that the pictures were there if you just looked, but I was then told I was "un-fun".

I did not delete the picture or edit your post, so I hope you aren't getting the wrong idea, since you aren't making the distinction.

as for this quote

I did not delete the picture or edit your post, so I hope you aren't getting the wrong idea, since you aren't making the distinction.

I caught that it was GE, the rat-bastard!

And sorry about the initials thing, I caught it but couldn't change it, being a mere mortal I was left powerless after 5 minutes.

Alex...FWIW, my post on the subject was totally tongue-in-cheek as I'd hoped the ;) ;) ;) would indicate. Hope that's the way you took it. Congrats on the amp. As for the long delays, I can certainly understand the frustration. Sheese, I go PO'd after a 2 month wait. I'd have gone postal with a delay of the magnitude that you experienced. You must have the patience of Job. That's a trait that I could stand to develop a bit more thoroughly I suppose. Enjoy her. I'm sure it's a beauty.