Paint It Black...

roadtonowhere08

Yep, still listening to Wild Card from ReVamp.  This album simply puts pretty much every single other female fronted metal album to shame... including most of After Forever.  I am dead serious; she is that good.

Paging Dusty, paging Dusty... I am pretty sure this is right up your ally.  Give it a shot!

As long as I am talking about Dusty... thanks a million for the heads up on the Bruce Soord & Jonas Renkse album "Wisdom of Crowds".  I have been playing that a lot.  Amazing album.

Ok, you've got my attention.  I'll have to track this down.

I listened to this album once or twice back when it was first mentioned and never got into it, but in my recent boredom with my library, gave it another chance.  Holy cow this is good!

I listened to this album once or twice back when it was first mentioned and never got into it, but in my recent boredom with my library, gave it another chance.  Holy cow this is good!

Glad you gave it a second chance.  I fell in love with many albums that way.  I missed the concert at the HOB on the 2nd.  I am kicking myself, but it would not have worked out.

They put on a good show in Winnipeg. I'd definitely see them again.

I wish most of the bands I like had the money to have more shows here.  When I see the tour stop list of European shows, the average fan could make a few of the stops no problem.  Lots of places in America, there is considerable distance between each top.  Having said that, at least I am not an Aussie or Kiwi.  Those poor people get passed over all the time.

I have an online friend whom I have vinyl ripped for me if I think the vinyl of an album I like would be better than the digital or CD release.  He did Pirut recently, and it sounded pretty much identical to the digital release.  I guess that is a testament to the quality of the more recent Kauan album mastering quality:  fantastic.

Or to put another way, I am fairly certain that Kauan's LPs are not better than the digital releases, since the more recent ones are already outstanding.

For the sake of collecting; however, that's some sexy vinyl.  Damn good album.

... and finally! After months of negotiations, Blood Music have decided to buy the full rights to Kauan's fourth album - "Kuu.." (2011) and will be presenting it on vinyl next year.

So, thanks to the support of "Pirut" on vinyl, Blood Music now acquired the rights to press and present all of Kauan's back catalog on vinyl.

They also received the last 15 CD copies of the album from the first pressing and will make them available with the vinyl in reasonable time.

It is so nice to see someone like Anton finally getting his dues (at least compared to where he was a year or two ago) for years of work and great music.  Poor guy.  His Private Release album never really panned out.  I ended up letting him keep the money from my pre-order as a thank you.  Far too often great artists live like paupers because they are pushed aside for some mainstream piece of shit.  And really, I cannot blame the music industry anymore - it's all out there for any moron with an internet connection to hear.  People are just too fucking lazy to go out and find great music.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the new Trollfest album.  The composition and delivery are really tight, and they put a lot of humour into it.  Highly recommended in the live setting as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faV-_t_f_V0&feature=kp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FRrj-1eo6s&feature=kp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maryland Deathfest -- I only know a couple of th...HOLY SHIT, Neurosis?  Napalm Death?  (I didn't realize they were still active, but apparently they never really stopped...perhaps I just lost interest after Mick Harris left.)   I might have to go to...er...no way I can go to all four days (I'd get moshed to death)...I just hope some of the bands that I'm interested in seeing (Arcturus(!!!), Obituary, Melt Banana, Napalm Death, Neurosis) are playing on the same days...any others in that list that others can recommend?  Sometimes the names all begin to look the same to me.  (Although "Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation " is pretty epic and "Chainsaw to the Face" is pretty fantastic.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Alas, my vacation is already allotted.  Am going to England in August (for a concert, no surprise, and to meet some of my online British friends -- stretch included, hopefully), and am already going to have to forego Cruise to the Edge, which I really would have liked to have gone on this year, as Dave Kerzner -- who made the album New World which is right up there with Hand. Cannot. Erase. as one of my two favourite albums of the year so far -- is going to be performing (and perhaps preparing sushi).  Ack.  I really need to win the lottery so that I can retire so I can make and listen to all the music I want.

• 2 weeks later...

Epica and Eluveitie tour just announced, with support from The Agonist. Gingerphiles take note.

Tue Sep 08 / Soundstage / Baltimore, MD
Wed Sep 09 / Paradise Rock Club / Boston, MA
Fri Sep 11 / Corona Theatre / Montreal, QC
Sat Sep 12 / Imperial Theatre / Quebec City, QC
Sun Sep 13 / Phoenix Concert Theatre / Toronto, ON
Tue Sep 15 / House Of Blues / Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 16 / Mill City Nights / Minneapolis, MN
Fri Sep 18 / O'Brians Event Centre / Saskatoon, SK
Sat Sep 19 / Union Hall / Edmonton, AB
Sun Sep 20 / MacEwan Ballroom / Calgary, AB
Tue Sep 22 / Vogue Theatre / Vancouver, BC
Wed Sep 23 / Neumos / Seattle, WA