How the hell can I get AKG parts?

JBLoudG20

It's absolutely absurd.

Does anyone know of the K271 comes stock with the velour? And does Guitar Center RMAC (return to manufacturer) their return merchandise?

I'm almost to the point of buying a 271, taking the foam discs, swapping the velour pads, and returning the 'phones so they can go back to AKG that way. But that's not honest, IMO so I doubt I'll actually do it.

It's absolutely absurd.

Does anyone know of the K271 comes stock with the velour? And does Guitar Center RMAC (return to manufacturer) their return merchandise?

I'm almost to the point of buying a 271, taking the foam discs, swapping the velour pads, and returning the 'phones so they can go back to AKG that way. But that's not honest, IMO so I doubt I'll actually do it.

I don't think the 271s come with velour pads.

Anyone know of the situation in the UK? I've tried contacting Harman but no reply, the *******.

Seems like a shame to let my soon-to-be-replaced K701 collect dust as I've 'customised' them for my use by cutting the bungee cords. If anyone else is to use it I need to re-install the bungee cord assembly, and while I'm at it I'd like to replace one of the perforated metal earcup caps I screwed up trying to twist it off.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to contact Frank for the last two weeks. When I leave a message he never calls back. And the one time he answered his phone he quickly said he has to put me on hold, then it was another 10 minute wait.

He hasn't replied to my email either.