HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

Sorry to hear that Ken. I'm sure your kitteh has had a great life with you, and it is always hard to let go.

I guess I have to agree that the momentum seems to be lost on this event, and I am sad to lose Shelly as well. Not sure if Marc is focused on the thread, but I will PM him and maybe give him a call.

Guys, sorry for the delinquency. Saving the interwebs from the evil criminals has taken up a lot of my free time.

My place is still free, and has plenty of room. I tried to start a Google map to identify places, but the race track doesn't come up when I search for it and it wasn't obvious how to add new markers to a saved map. I'll try more later.

I remember one of my first conversations with Al and jp# at a really nice brewery in SF when I asked how does one pull off a nice big, fun HC meet. The answer he gave at the time was to make sure tyrion showed up :) heh. I'm not sure what the formula is these days, but I have a feeling whatever the secret is, I haven't been doing it.

Random thought: remember the last time when you rushed out to make sure you had that new piece of gear, or tweak before the upcoming meet? I kinda liked that rush, haven't felt that in a while.

So, what can I do at this point to help?

What I really need from you guys (i.e. those coming) is an "in" and "out" date/time, that's rather useful. Who's going to be the next person "in"? :)

ok, figured out the map thing:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213952002794498271506.0004cced113e7343a031c

There are few things I cannot delete. Like "Nice Kicks" no idea why that is there and "313 E 6th" should be Midnight Cowboy Modelling (a brothel turned craft-cocktail bar) and I cannot edit the description, which is annoying. Need to add some more places, but it's a work in progress.