Grado PS500

postjack

I guess they'll weigh about the same as a pair of SR325i, which makes them less attractive to me... unless they sound like the PS-1.

Early review here: http://www.positive-...sue57/grado.htm

It took Grado a while, but they've learned something from their HF-1 and HF-2 sales... comparing them to Ultrasones and using the Grado amp is kind of a joke, though.

Edited by HiWire

According to that review, PS500 is more detailed and neutral than RS1...

I'm interested in hearing PS500

Not sure I'd place a lot of reliance on that review. I'm a couple of paragraphs into it and already the guy has made some pretty goofy statements, such as:

"The large diaphragms contain rare earth metals, including gold wire for maximum definition."

Alrighty then...

"By being American made, they save big bucks from having to import phones from China and can, instead, bulk up on the technology."

Quick, someone call the President! This Levi guy is really on to something here. This could solve our debt crisis. We could all save big bucks by avoiding those expensive Chinese imports and just bulk up on good ole fashioned American technology instead... oh, and Grado "Labs" is such a fine example of how to stay ahead of the curve...

the 1s are better than the Is, definitely.

laugh.png

Do you mean that Head-F1 thing?

Well, I'm just asking out of curiosity, since I just couldn't stand how bloody forward it was... sounded like the Loudness War left the mastering studios and reached the listening devices. It would be nice to understand its appeal to whoever likes it rolleyes.gif

Oh, I see!

I also only had one experience with them and well... didn't like them at all! I can't even remember other aspects of their sound because of the forwardness. I only used flats, but now that you've mentioned, maybe I could have put the GS1000is bowls on them and see what happened. That could be worth a try!