Grado PS500

postjack

You would simply need to listen to them yourself and then make your own, informed, decision. Isn't that always the answer?

I suppose it is. But I come from a land of far away where the cheapskate is crowned king and audiophilia (any hobby for that matter) is considered to be transitionary phase to other, more dangerous philiae. And therefore a decent individual of the society should revert to music listening only when he is commuting to work or watching a TV show that includes singing and therefore is imbued with positive emotions/socially acceptable values.

Back to the topic- a reviewish text on the PS500 http://headfonics.com/2011/10/grado-ps-500-the-ps-series-gets-affordable-but-is-it-any-good/

^ Pretty useless "review" given that he didn't compare them to any other headphones. Unless you consider this kind of thing helpful:

"Note that the PS-500 is also an “open-air” or “open-back” headphone, which has advantages over the “closed” variety in various aspects of sound quality."

Oh? Do tell.

"On the other hand, some of the sound can be heard by persons sitting nearby depending on the volume level and how quiet the setting is."

Gee, thanks...

Edited by Wmcmanus

I am selling a pair of Cryoed PS500 (not just the wire, the whole headphone!!!) for only $2,995.

Is shipping included? evil.gif

On second thought, can you wait a couple of weeks? I have my AKG K701s for sale at HF for $1800 and need that sale to clear to fund your purchase.

Edited by Augsburger

• 3 weeks later...