Amazon Kindle Fire

blessingx

Last Saturday was the FFF 15th anniversary party. We had tickets ($25 per) and knew it was going to be similar to a Dark Lord Day situation. There were around 3000 tickets sold/given away. 4 or 5 bands including the Melvins. And FFF had collaborated with Surly, Struisse, and someone else for the 15th anniversary beer. It was being sold for $30 a bomber. There were also barrel aged Dark Lords and some other stuff available. And they had advertised 4-5 chefs from across the country providing food.

So we arrived around 1:00 PM, when the gates were due to open. We didn't bring any beer to share as they had stated that unlike DLD there would be no coolers allowed in the gate. We were actually closer in line than last DLD, so we figured we'd have an hour wait or so. Um, no. We stood. And stood. And moved a bit. And stood. And stood. And got colder. And moved a little. And stood. We got into the main gate at 5:00 PM... And had our beer purchased around 6:00 PM. We were pissed. What they had done was tied the entrance line to the beer purchase line. So if it was slow, so was entry to the entire event. On DLD they had let people in the "compound" regardless of the beer line, and you got in line when you wanted. By the time we got in, a good part of the guest taps were dry, the food was gone except for two food trucks - overpriced tacos and cold pulled pork sliders at $5 a piece. And we were supposed to get 4 free pours, but you didn't get that until you got to the place to buy your beer. By that time we'd had it. We ran into several of the people we know quite well at FFF and when we voiced our opinion to them (not angrily, more in an effort to ask what the hell happened) they gave us attitude and arrogance. So we said fuck FFF and fuck the Melvins and fuck it all and left. I've not been back to FFF since. I'd paid $50 in tickets for the privilege of being herded like cattle and to be able to buy their overpriced beer.

We did get a small amount of satisfaction as a majority of the comments on Beer Advocate were saying the same thing. And Debbie was pissed enough that she emailed FFF and let them know how bad we thought it was. She got a reply from their marketing guy who apologized and stated they need to review how they handle their large events.

We've come to refer to it as the Bataan Death March of beer events, and I'm staying away from FFF for a while, to save some money for other things but also because some people who I considered friends treated us like little more than shitty complainers, when in reality I drop between $60 - 100 a week with them.

Well, I figured out how to log in with the browser, but trying to reply here does not activate the keyboard. Urghhh

So far response time is good. Browsing for the most part is ok. Video looks good. Need to upload some music to see how good/bad the headphone output is.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk