HD650 vice-grip

humanflyz

I've found bringing the drivers further down the headband on both sides helps that a bit. So the fit is just slightly looser than any other headphone.

The pair I got fit just like a new pair, and I've been able to use them for hours on end after the adjustments, didn't bother trying the textbook trick.

I still have to do this 600 vs 650 comparison, I'm curious as to why there are those who prefer the 650 and those who prefer the 600.

I've owned all three now and I had the 600 and 650 for a while side by side. I think it has a lot to do with system synergy and personal listening preferences. To my ears they both sound very good, especially when paired with a complementary after-market cable. For me, with the PPA, the somewhat drier top end of the 600s coupled with leaner bass didn't pair as well as the 650s so I sold the 600s to Ian (en480c4 here) who loves them with his EC lunchbox. Since then I've picked up a pair of 580s and modded them with 600 grills. Without an amp, when I'm watching movies or TV through my Senn DSP, I find the 580s easier to listen to than the 650s.

I generally prefer the 600 over the 650, although I've heard both shine. The Blackie Pagano 300B amp at the National meet made the 600 shine...the SDS-XLR makes the 650 shine.

Nothing is quite as good as a pair of Stax though O0

I like the HD650 a lot more than the SR-404 I had. STAX makes some good stuff and some not so good stuff (I'm just not a big fan of the lambda line; gamma and omega = awesome)

I bought my HD650's used, and they were well broken in by the time they arrived. Maybe to broken in! ;D Meaning that when I received my brand new 580's and strapped them to my cranium, the tight grip felt great! Now I'm wondering if it's possible to re-tighten my HD650's a bit. :D Man y'all have some great smilies on this board.