Official Hockey Thread - 2011/12 Edition

grawk

That was a hell of a series. Painful in the end, but I'll pull for the red white and blue in the east and the yotes in the west. I'll have to pull for the yotes for the cup tho, that's a team that deserves it.

I assume it was mutual. He can go back to making MUCH more money owning the london knights, and the caps can find a coach that knows how to coach a defensive team that also doesn't have to bench ovechkin. I predict that might involve a new GM, too.

I like the Hartley rumors.

Good luck to Hunter. Despised him as a player, respected him for what he did with the Caps. I almost think they needed a kind of hard transition from what Boudreau was doing, just to shake things up a bit. I think Hunter brought in the hard work ethic, and they can now adapt a little more and find the best balance.

With that next step in coaching, Holtby and some good goaltending coaching, they should be pretty amazing for the next few years.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great win by the Kings. Big congrats to the team and a bunch of great fans (from other boards, and personal accounts of visiting Boston fans).

Couple real funny things for me as a Bruins fan:

1) Those ex-Flyers get the cup, and more funny:

2) Mike O'Connell gets to hold the cup before Joe Thornton [Mike was the GM who traded Thornton away]

I think the saddest part though was that the TV ratings for this final series were so low....the NHL is SO high on marketing people like Crosby and Ovechkin, or maybe New York for viewership, that they let a great opportunity slide away. Two great American captains in the final, an American goalie winning the Cup and Conn-Smythe.....they had an excellent opportunity to market this to America but failed.

Oh, well.....now on to the awards show and the draft.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...