Audeze LCD-3

johnwmclean

Interesting. Anyone have any clues of differences in the LOTUS diaphragm? Certainly curious to hear about changes for those hearing reverb. Also wonder, though can't tell from photo, if there's been any correction the screw joints and blocks problems (I certainly had several).

Edited by blessingx

Jeez, just what the trolls in the LCD-2 thread over there needed.

I sure would hate to have just plunked down on a "rev 2" only to have this come out a few weeks later.

Even if the LCD-3 costs a kilo more? I'd be content with my r2, after all they are in different weight categories. Now only we need to see if LOTUS membranes justify the price difference. And the question of reliability.

Edited by RudeWolf

The LCD-2 R2 is pretty darn good but the fit is terrible, they clamp like crazy and the headband digs into the head, does not lie flat, bad design IMO. I prefer a more open sounding phone but they are a nice change. Bass is impressive.

I will be interested to hear the LCD-3. Hopefully the guys at RMAF can give us a report.

The LCD-2 R2 is pretty darn good but the fit is terrible, they clamp like crazy and the headband digs into the head, does not lie flat, bad design IMO. I prefer a more open sounding phone but they are a nice change. Bass is impressive.

I will be interested to hear the LCD-3. Hopefully the guys at RMAF can give us a report.

Looking at the LCD-3 photo, it appears that they'll be as comfortable (or uncomfortable) as the LCD-2s with the leather headband.

I am sure I would like the LCD-2 based on the opinions of people I trust, and with great looks and an alright price, if I was not completely happy with what I have, I'd be ALL over it. This thing? Ugly wood and ugly cable connectors with a price to match its looks? No thanks...

I love headphones, but I my interest stops when the price goes north of a thousand bucks. That's speaker investment territory.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

I wish they'd do something with the leather headband as it's actually LESS comfortable than the older foam design.

Nevertheless, this could be a non-issue if the cups turn out to be lighter.

Yeah I feel the same about the headband and no matter how nice the sound is I can't find myself to totally enjoy it because of the weight and clamping...

Is the wood really necessary for their sound or its just for eye candy? Give me stax plastic please.

LCD-3 eat the 007 for breakfast, 009 for lunch & by dinner time they would have crossed 1000 posts about impressions/reviews of a headphone which no has heard yet.

How many post has 011(which BTW is another headphone no one has heard yet) had ?

A couple at best.

So, you see, $2k is probably too cheap for them. tongue.png

Edited by gurubhai