Teflon Stax connector group buy/purchasing

kevin gilmore

Not yet. I ordered them last week. I had batchpcb to send them to Horio, who might need them earlier than I do. Maybe he could take some pictures when they arrive? my plan is buy some long M3 screws and some 6~7mm nylon standoffs to mount the pcb on the jack; then hook up the wires to the phoenix connectors on the bottom.

Edited by ujamerstand

Not yet. I ordered them last week. I had batchpcb to send them to Horio, who might need them earlier than I do. Maybe he could take some pictures when they arrive? my plan is buy some long M3 screws and some 6~7mm nylon standoffs to mount the pcb on the jack; then hook up the wires to the phoenix connectors on the bottom.

I'll take some photos as soon as they arrive, and post them here.

My friend told me that he can do these teflon parts (PTFE), the price can be 17€ per unit with a minimun order of 40 units,

My friend asked me if it may be possible a small design change, the original design of Dr. Kevin is 15.24mm thick and my friend can buy a teflon plate of 15mm thickness in my city, he told me if he can do a connector with less thickness than the original (0.24mm - 0.0094 inch)??

Conector_mod.jpg

He can buy PTFE plates of 16mm and 20mm thick but are more expensive (about 2 € and 5 € per connector because require more time for work CNC too)

I believe that this change should not be a problem?

I want 10 connectors and a user of the spanish forum (Hitoridekimasu in this forum) also wants some connectors so I'm sure I'll do a minimum order.

One more thing, I forgot to mention that the price that my friend gave to me is the same for the connectors of 5 and 6 contacts.

-- o --

Rodrigo

well, I certainly won't be able to compete with that. haha

I trust my friend and I think he will do a good job but when I have these connectors in my hands, I'll tell you if we are talking about the same thing (same quality of PTFE, same finish...).

I will ask my friend to do the connectors tomorrow, maybe I could have them next week.

-- o --

Rodrigo

No problem, we have exceeded the minimum order.

I've opened a Google spreadsheet to organize the group buy, you can edit the spreadsheet if you want to make a change in the order.

The price of 17 € is for the teflon jacks, pins are separate. I have 100 pins that I bought to this seller on eBay and I've paid $ 58.5 +7,75 for these pins (about $ 0.66 per pin). I have no enough pins for all of these connectors, if you want I can buy the rest of the pins needed and send along with the connectors, so you should add $3.3 for the price of a 5-pin jack to jack and $3.96 for 6-pin jack.

If someone in USA or Australia prefer to buy these pins and distribute them to the users in the group buy in his country, I have no problem to send only teflon jacks.

-- o --

Rodrigo

Cool, I'll be more than happy to buy the pins separately for myself/Team Australia, that way you can save some pins for the people who are only ordering a few jacks.

For anyone in Australia who wants the jacks to go through me, mark it on the spreadsheet so I know how many pin packs to buy, I'm guessing 1 or 2 should do it.

I thought I should give everyone on my list an update. I've been promised by the machine shop that I would get billed this week, but I'm still waiting to get billed. I've phoned my CC company to make sure that the bill was not blocked, and it was not. I was also told by my CC company that there is still a chance for it to be processed on Friday, in which case it would show up Tuesday morning. If it does not I'll asked the machine shop to redirect me to the billing department to see what's going on. I really want to make sure that the price I'm quoting everyone is accurate before shipping them out, so thank you for your patience.