Teflon Stax connector group buy/purchasing

kevin gilmore

Here are a few photos of the Stax Jack PCB that Ujamerstand was nice enough to make. It solders right onto the Jack pins, mates perfectly with KG's teflon jack, and allows you to use a Phoenix Contact style screw header for convenience. All you need are (4) 6mm long standoffs to place between the teflon jack and PCB.

BatchPCB was nice enough to send us a number of extra boards. For those interested in the PCB's, Ujamerstand will be posting more details about that soon.

6304443847_ce12677cdf_b.jpg

6304968680_a6724959c8_b.jpg

6304443895_8b638b5810_b.jpg

Yeah I'd be happy to send some pins over if you don't want to buy the 100-pack. I'll be at 210/300 pins spoken for now with yourself included.

I have 100 pins and I'm going to buy 500 more, if you want I can send the pins to Flyingsparks, so maybe you don't need to buy 300 pins?

I'll send an email to the seller of these pins to see if I can get a better price.

-- o --

Rodrigo

I discussed it with deadlylover, and it makes more sense with postage to just buy a bag of them myself. But if you are going to buy 500 more anyway, I will be interested to see what price you can do. Just let me know via PM, I won't pull the trigger on the pins until the group buy on the jacks is finalised.

Horio/Ujamerstand, I am also interested in some of the PCB's (probably cool.png if there are still some available - I'm not sure just how many extras you received.

Hi everyone, I'll be taking the PCBs from horio. So I'll be shipping them out. :) They are $2.75 each, so I'll probably drop them in snail mail once I get them.

That being said, we really have no more than 15 extras. Sometimes, batchPCB's panel would have defect on a panel. In this case, they would mill a new panel and cut out all the good pcbs on the old one. That's why we ended up with 15 extras, it's the number of PCBs we ordered.

I'll let this be first come first serve. Please PM me about it. Thanks.

My friend made one 5 pins connector and other of 6 pins to verify the measurements.

Conectores.jpg

ConectoresTras.jpg

I have a doubt, the pins are 1 mm below the front of the connector. Can anyone confirm that this distance is correct?, Is it enough to prevent accidental electric shock?

Detalle5pins.jpg

Detalle6pins.jpg

I checked these connectors with the jacks of my SR-003 and the OII and fit well.

ConEnCon2.jpg

If the safety distance between the pins and the front of the connector is correct, my friend can start making these connectors tomorrow or the next monday.

-- o --

Rodrigo

My friend gave me the connectors this afternoon, I need two days to check that all the jacks are fine.

Conectores-1.jpg

I tried to contact with the seller of the pins by mail and through eBay, but he has not replied yet embarrassed.gif . I think I'll buy the pins I need for the rest of the jacks on eBay.

I hope to start with the sending of the connectors during the next week. I will send pm's to all users the next week to organize the different shipments.

-- o --

Rodrigo